Who have 2nd and 3rd gen tacos

I have a 2nd generation, and my buddy has the 3rd. I like mine better . It has more power from the stock motor, and it doesn't shift as much on the freeways. His will drive you crazy shifting as much as it does.

I have a 2nd generation, and my buddy has the 3rd. I like mine better . It has more power from the stock motor, and it doesn't shift as much on the freeways. His will drive you crazy shifting as much as it does.

Yeah. It’s something you have to get used to. Toyota made the shift points stupidly low for fuel economy.
There make aftermarket devices to change the shift points like the Shift Sense Pro that are pretty effective. IMG_0332.JPG
You can see where the stock settings are on the graph.

3rd gen. Gets my vote!

However I own a 92(Truck), 97 Taco, 08 Taco, and a 17 Taco. Each year had major pluses and possibly a minus or so but I enjoy the luxury and options in the 3rd’s. It’s still the run forever tacoma but with better interior.

Hands down the 2017 is the better pick since you can't modify crap on the 2018 thanks to the stupid lane assist crap....thanks 2018 drivers for making my 2017 more sought after

Back