Wires going nowhere in engine comparment

danbarry

Squirrels built a nest in my wife's Tacoma engine compartment and chewed through some of the wiring which I repaired. However, I've found 2 sets of wires going nowhere that may have been chewed through. Problem is, I can't figure out where they go. They are not near the nest or the other damaged wires. Oddly enough, they appear to be 2 sets of the same wires on different sides of the engine compartment near the headlights. I have tested all lighting and everything appears to work.

I am including pictures. They are two wires (one green and one white with a black stripe) inside a plastic wire loom coming out of a larger loom that has wires to the headlights. The picture that shows a longer white wire is where I accidentally pulled the loom and part of the green wire off. The two wires on the other side are taped together at the end and I can't tell if they were just left that way or if they were chewed through since I could see the end of the wires. I pulled them out of the loom for the picture. As noted, I can't find another end anywhere they could attach to.

Anybody know what these wires are for and whether they are supposed to go somewhere?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0549.jpg
    IMAG0549.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0551.jpg
    IMAG0551.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 33
Did you buy truck new or used? If used maybe aftermarket lights? What year is your truck? If newer maybe DRL? Not sure. If everything works just go with it. Or stop by a dealership and have them look at it. They have the complete wire diagram.

Buy a chiltons manual or google schematics and see if you can hunt them down there just to be safe but your probably fine

Yes, it does have DRL and fog lights and both work. I think I'll just run it to a dealership and ask them what they are for. Thanks everyone.

Back