2003 3.4 Tacoma floods instantly when I try to start

Outbackbobcat

I'm stumped, I've tried to find this problem and hit a wall, everytime I try to start it try's to fire a couple times and then floods. 14000miles, I did replace the Timing belt just because, I tried a cam sensor, I have spark at all plugs they are the proper 2 electrod type, I don't get a code, I did have a scanner on it and throttle position changes appropriately with the pedal

I'm stumped, I've tried to find this problem and hit a wall, everytime I try to start it try's to fire a couple times and then floods. 14000miles, I did replace the Timing belt just because, I tried a cam sensor, I have spark at all plugs they are the proper 2 electrod type, I don't get a code, I did have a scanner on it and throttle position changes appropriately with the pedal

Double check on your mileage....14000 or 140,000?

There could be many sources for the problem. Can you run a code search thru the OBD11 port? Any thrown code may not be the cause, some codes can be generated that are symptoms of the problem. Either way, it is a place to begin deeper diagnostics.

This could be beyond the DIY mechanic to diagnose.

As I said, many things could cause a problem.

Not all causes will throw a code. Sometimes a code is thrown that is a symptom of the problem.

Back