2003 Tacoma double cab pre runner 226k miles

daddybiggs

I have owned my Tacoma for 20 years and love it . It's been a pleasure to own but its time to sell. I had the frame professionally repaired with diamonplate two years ago . How much do you think this should effect the price ??

I would expect the repair patch to down grade the price. A new frame would have better appeal than a patched frame. The prospective buyer has no clue as to the quality of the work. Also, diamond plate generally has weaker strength than the steel used making the frame.

Frankly, I would not chance a patched frame.

thanks for your perpesctive Rock , yes I knew it would definately downgrade the price . Its been so common here in Michigan I wasn't sure just how much .

Sorry man.....

Frames are the foundation of a vehicle. I was fortunate. I knew about the frame recall on the Gen2. When I found this truck, I verified it had been thru the frame recall process. The frame was replaced in 2/2018, I bought it in 2/2020. Otherwise, I would've passed.

The "how much" question can only be answered by the buyer. Suggest advertising as normal, when a buyer comes to inspect, disclose the frame repair.

I understand the winter salt/brine impact. I'm an IA native.

Good Luck on the sale.

do you have any pics of that diamonplate, i am very curious what it looks like!

thanks for your perpesctive Rock , yes I knew it would definately downgrade the price . Its been so common here in Michigan I wasn't sure just how much .
did you get your rig inspected in Michigan during the last decade?

Back