2019 Tacoma SR5

jasons73

Hello, I am new here, hopefully this is the right place. I have an opportunity to get a 2019 Tacoma SR5 V-6 lower than the listed price. $29000 with 67,000 miles. It had 2 owners and a clean carfax. Paint looks clean, truck bed looks well used.

I have been reading and see 2019 may not be the best year. I am new to Toyota and trucks in general. I have driven small 4 bangers for the last 20 years.

I took it for a test drive and didn't notice anything right off the bat that concerned me.

Any advice on what to look for would be great. And thank you for the help in advance.

Attachments

• 2019-toyota-tacoma-sr5-v6-4x4-4dr-double-cab-5-0-ft-sb.jpg
    2019-toyota-tacoma-sr5-v6-4x4-4dr-double-cab-5-0-ft-sb.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3
Welcome Jason, If it's anything like my 2020 sr5, you'll love it. Only thing to check is if it had the latest software update that cures some engine, and transmission glitch's some drivers complained about. When I ordered my sr5 it was already updated. Trucks a rocket vs older tacoma models. Obviously with the mileage on the one you have, the original owner did some driving with it. I'd also checked if if all the maintenance like fluids have been changed to.
Depending where you use this truck...if in the rust belt, get the frame coated with a rust inhibitor, and check, or reapply it every year. These frames are well noted to be time bombs, if not taken care of.

Back