2023... Driver seat back support is awful.. Any suggestions?

afesposit

I've got a 2023 taco off road.

The seats are awful and kill my back. Lumbar support is non existent. Bolstering awful as well and that bothers me.

I've tried multiple pillows and went to a car upholstery shop who said they could do nothing.

Anyone have a way to fix this? Any seat covers or heating or anything the like?

I'm desperate at this point and I'm actually looking into selling this as a last resort. It's only got 3k miles on it but this back issue isn't sustainable for the long haul.

Thats strange. Those power seats are so adjustable, I know of no one that has mentioned this. As for seat covers, thats just what they are. I don't think anyone has orthopedic type ones I know of. I've got a set of carhartt camo ones for my gen3. They do a good job of protecting the seats underneath, plus are easy to remove, and clean.

Thats strange. Those power seats are so adjustable, I know of no one that has mentioned this. As for seat covers, thats just what they are. I don't think anyone has orthopedic type ones I know of. I've got a set of carhartt camo ones for my gen3. They do a good job of protecting the seats underneath, plus are easy to remove, and clean.
Thx... Mine doesn't have power seats. There's a little button to change the two tiny lumbar points, but they don't do **** truthfully.

I thought all later gen3 trd models came with a power seat....even my lowly sr5 came with one.
No... The seat in my off rd isn't powered.. there's two little half assed fingers which can be electronically adjusted near the base of the seat. Nothing close to being any kind of adjustable lumbar support, tho they probably peddle it as that.

I had the same problem with my last truck (F 150, STX ), seat was murder and lumbar knob did nothing . I tried a bunch of lumbar pillows and finally found this one - it worked great - and it is now in my 2021 Taco, without it the Taco seat is painful.
Best, jim

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
my '16 sport has a manual knob for drivers.lumbar its great. kinda old school. Im thinking i'll be driving this taco for a long time like my '03 tundra 13 happy years. guess i got a "Wednsday" truck! ;)

I was happy with my basic tundra seat for 19 years. Gotta admit once you get these taco power seats dialed in to your bod, their pretty comfortable.

if you look at the lexus rx suv's seat they bolt in the same as tacomas with that stupid bent down edge of the front bracket, im wondering if you can bolt in the power lexus front seats. The rx350 that my wife had sure had nice front seats in it. :)

I've got a 2023 taco off road.

The seats are awful and kill my back. Lumbar support is non existent. Bolstering awful as well and that bothers me.

I've tried multiple pillows and went to a car upholstery shop who said they could do nothing.

Anyone have a way to fix this? Any seat covers or heating or anything the like?

I'm desperate at this point and I'm actually looking into selling this as a last resort. It's only got 3k miles on it but this back issue isn't sustainable for the long haul.

i had this issue in 1995-1997 with that '95 single cab Yota pickup with those bench seats.
the long 3 to 8 hour commutes then to KCMO and StLouis every other week became murderous on lumbar and the truck only had 20k miles onit before enough
the trade-in for the SR5 in '97 with the sport buckets was a game-changer
i can still manage long-ass hauls of 500+ miles inna day with only mild(ish) neck strain now

Towing my 2 place enclose clamshell trailer with sleds, and gear 500 miles, / 10 hrs. through montreal, or quebec City north, was enough for me in one day.
One trip back, I got caught driving in a huge blizzard with the tundra. Spent nearly 20 hrs on the road to get back home, towing that dam trailer in over a ft of snow.

I've always liked winter, just don't like driving in it. I use to haul the sleds to quebec snowmobiling till I hung it up in 2007.

Back