Bank Accounts

tacojoel

What is it with the crazy amount of security measures these online banks are using? I have done business in the past with them, and it wasn't bad, but you gotta jump through hoops just to access your account, let alone start an account, or make a transaction. If your phone, or computer's browser is out of date your sol.

I still do not trust online banking.

Brick & Mortar, CC and Debit work for everything I need.

Although, I should probably change my PIN from 1234 to something else.

I spent a couple hrs with one of these guys today only to find out they don't like apple computers, especially ones with older software. They basically informed me i need to buy a new computer that has the latest software, or i'll never be able to log online with them. You can't get ahold of a real person to speak with on their automative phone system unless your willing to stay on hold for over an hr.
I'm more curious as most of these online banks are now upgrading their security systems at the same time. Its looking more, and more politically motivated to me.
I still do not trust online banking.

Brick & Mortar, CC and Debit work for everything I need.

Although, I should probably change my PIN from 1234 to something else.

Problem with brick&motar around here, their interest rates suck unless your into the market, or insurance annuities.

Interest rates on Savings accounts have sucked for years..........nothing new.

We don't even bother with a savings account. We have other investments generating much better returns.

Interest rates on Savings accounts have sucked for years..........nothing new.

We don't even bother with a savings account. We have other investments generating much better returns.
Exactly, although uninsured i've been moving funds to these insurance annuities that have fixed cd's where interest rates are higher. Closing your account from these online banks as of late is worst than some jobs i've had. Its a pita to set up an account to put money in, and its even harder to transfer funds now.

I had more issues today being locked out of viewing my account at this bank i've dealt with for years with no past issues. Spent an hour on the phone going over new security measures they recently set up. Been told they have had a rash of suspicious activity that it was called for. Imo, they have some bugs in their system that needs working out. Seems these new security measures are being instituted at other banks to. Can't help but wonder if new federal laws are now in effect that created this.

Actually i spoke with normal english speaking americans. Getting through their automative phone system was the major challenge. I hate speaking to a robot thats got a limited vocabulary.

A trick that frequently works wehn the automated sifter answers is to begin pressing 0. It may take more than once, but this action usually works.
It works sometimes when you keep pushing the star button, or keep yelling agent at the robot. I gotta try the 0 method next time.

I had more issues today being locked out of viewing my account at this bank i've dealt with for years with no past issues. Spent an hour on the phone going over new security measures they recently set up. Been told they have had a rash of suspicious activity that it was called for. Imo, they have some bugs in their system that needs working out. Seems these new security measures are being instituted at other banks to. Can't help but wonder if new federal laws are now in effect that created this.
I just had to take a refresher course at work on internet security and creating secure passwords. One of the first things they tell you is "never" right down you're password. Then on into the course they tell you how to create a secure password. Ain't no F'n way I could remember a password like they want created. I think it's a bunch of keyboard cowboys that have to justify their jobs.

Not only the "never write it down" issue.....there is every single piece of software needs a unique password. So before you know it, you're trying to remember 7 different passwords and which software wants which password. Remember, you only get 3 trials then the whole damn thing locks up.

Problem i'm having as of late, these guys have all upgraded their security systems making my computers browser outdated. Been informed some don't even support an apple computer. Right now i have no choice, but to buy a new computer as i can't update the browser. I've tried a couple other browsers that are available to work with this computer, but their outdated also.

I threw my computer away a couple of years ago, it was beyond being useful. Between it being outdated and our lousy internet service here it was just a PITA. I've got security on my phone and tablet and that's all I've used for a couple of years now and truthfully haven't missed the computer at all. I use my fingerprint to log in to the apps that require it. I know for some this wouldn't fit the bill but works fine for me.

I payed over $2k for this mac and its software back in 05...apple pissed me off 7 years later telling me they don't support their products once the become obver 5 years old. Now its real old, but for the most part it still works fine. I really hate it when it comes to a good working item, but has to be replaced just because its old. I wouldn't someone to throw me away just because i'm getting old.

Back