Beating inflation - Step by Step

Rock62

Just got an accepted offer on a house. My monthly payment will be dropping by nearly $1000/month.

Closing is in May. OUT of this rental BS by July 1. Won't have concern about pissing off the landlord. Won't need to schelp to the laudromat to cough up $5.00/load.

Now, the paperwork storm begins.

Nothing like owing your own home provided you accept it for what hidden treasures might show up once your there awhile. Trust me, even home inspectors are far from perfect.

Thanks. This isn't my first home. Actually, this is the 7th.

The oldest home we owned was built in 1866. Learned a lot with that home, it was also the 1st.

Thanks. This isn't my first home. Actually, this is the 7th.

The oldest home we owned was built in 1866. Learned a lot with that home, it was also the 1st.
My first home was built in the 1950's...a lot better than this 2nd one I live in now that was built in 1971. Except for a nice waterfront access, its still a work in progress all these years finding gremlins that keep showing up. I think the original owner is still laughing in the florida sun enjoying themselves glad they unloaded the place.

Just got an accepted offer on a house. My monthly payment will be dropping by nearly $1000/month.

Closing is in May. OUT of this rental BS by July 1. Won't have concern about pissing off the landlord. Won't need to schelp to the laudromat to cough up $5.00/load.

Now, the paperwork storm begins.
Congrats on your new purchase Rock.

One of these days, I need to make a road trip to Schertz, TX to visit the family cemetery. I was in China when Mom passed away in 8/2016. Yeah, I know....bad son.

The cemetery is just north of Randolph Field where Dad was flying P-47s and P-40s during WWII. The folks met at a diner where Mom was waitressing. Dad was deployed to the European theatre just a couple weeks after they married. He never would relate any of his experiences during his deployment. Although, he did relate his experience building B-17s when he was in San Diego at the beginning of WWII.

Sorry all.......I guess I miss them.............

One of these days, I need to make a road trip to Schertz, TX to visit the family cemetery. I was in China when Mom passed away in 8/2016. Yeah, I know....bad son.

The cemetery is just north of Randolph Field where Dad was flying P-47s and P-40s during WWII. The folks met at a diner where Mom was waitressing. Dad was deployed to the European theatre just a couple weeks after they married. He never would relate any of his experiences during his deployment. Although, he did relate his experience building B-17s when he was in San Diego at the beginning of WWII.

Well by golly Rock get off your a** and make the trip down here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 10.22.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 10.22.01 PM.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

15 hours and 16 minutes. I could do that road trip with three pit-stops for gas, food, and a heck of a clean crapper. :cool:

Life has been in control since 2016. Just now beginning to make headway again to control my life.

I'm not quite that far away. I'm in Wichita.

TX.....you're partially right. I was raised and educated in IA and my wife and daughter live there. So do the in-laws.
I'll be darn. Iowa is a love/hate state for me. On one hand, I love Iowa as I have two cousins (and their families) there, and two High School friends that moved from my Colorado to Counsil Bluffs (wrong spelling). And, my childhood hero, Dan Gable of Waterloo, (4 x time NCAA wrestling champion), and coached the Iowa Hawkeyes to 15 national championships !)

On the other hand, two of my sons wrestled for Mizzou and every single time they faced an Iowa school they lost every match to a kid from Iowa or Iowa state. Forgot about University Northern Iowa (google gary steffensmeier, that guy was inducted to the Iowa Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2021 i believe and coached all three of my sons in Missouri when his wife was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood and they loved him). :cool:

LOL. Yeah, the IA colleges are very tough opponents in wrestling. ISU, UNI, UofI Are upsetters in round ball. Have moments in football.

Our share of celebs too. John Wayne, Jason Momoa, several others that escape me at the moment...........

Little known fact. The first computer was invented by Barray Atanasoff at the ISU. Pieces of it are still in the Physics building. During WW2 uranium was being purified for the Manhattan Project at ISU.

Back