Brakes feel inconsistent

TacoRick

Do any of you have brakes that feel like the calipers are letting go of the rotors entirely for a split second? When I press the brake pedal I can feel the normal amount of force, but as I come to a stop it feels like the pedal wants to sink to the floor briefly. This causes the braking to be inconsistent and jerky. Anybody else have this?

I took my truck in a few weeks ago to have brake vibration checked out, and they said all of the brake components looked good, so it isn't something that is obvious.

As I was typing this it occurred to me that I can turn off the ABS. I think i will try that and see if it makes a difference.

It is impossible for the calipers to break free. The pads would be the issue, but more than likely it's the anti lock control kicking in. I find that I have to let up on the break pedal when the Taco is near stopping. I have the towing package so I assumed it was due to that package.
Is there a sign of leakage under your Taco if you pump the breaks at a stop?

It is impossible for the calipers to break free. The pads would be the issue, but more than likely it's the anti lock control kicking in. I find that I have to let up on the break pedal when the Taco is near stopping. I have the towing package so I assumed it was due to that package.
Is there a sign of leakage under your Taco if you pump the breaks at a stop?

I have to let off the brakes when stopping too. If I don't I will come to an abrupt stop way before the actual point that I intended to stop at. I have the tow package as well, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Anti lock should be normal ABS operation. I can't see why that would cause this issue, unless the ABS system is faulty.

No leaks at all.

Back