Ceramic sealants

OneDog

Has anyone applied a paint sealant themselves and if so, would you recommend doing it yourself and what was the process you followed?

If you're comfortable doing all the prep work and applying the ceramic solution, I'd say go for it. I had it professionally done on my truck. Whatever they did its been well worth it to me. No washing, or waxing, no tree sap, green tree pollen, or bird poop staining the finish, and most of all no paint chips. Trucks exterior looks the same as it did 3 years ago.

I used the Griots Garage system

Took me the weekend to do the claybar & shine then applied the ceramic on Tuesday (truck was garaged in between). Rain flows off and dirt hoses off for the most part.

Try the ceramic glass treatment too.

If I had more knowledge of the procedure, and a garage that I could do it in, it might have been different. I have a garage, but my side is packed with my toys and a boat trailer. The other side is the wife's prius, and nobody dares asking to leave the prius in the driveway.
When my truck was done, they also did the interior.

If you're comfortable doing all the prep work and applying the ceramic solution, I'd say go for it. I had it professionally done on my truck. Whatever they did its been well worth it to me. No washing, or waxing, no tree sap, green tree pollen, or bird poop staining the finish, and most of all no paint chips. Trucks exterior looks the same as it did 3 years ago.
Talk to me about those no paint chips
ty.

My tundra was peppered with them after 3 years. It didn't have this deep glass coat.
so the ceramic sealant coat can prevent chipping on the hood + other areas?
i have not heard or read much about that benefit
sounds better than a clearbra

so the ceramic sealant coat can prevent chipping on the hood + other areas?
i have not heard or read much about that benefit
sounds better than a clearbra
Idk about all types of these ceramic sealants, or how everyone applies them, but the shop that did mine in the Boston area did a great job...it's all they do. The finish left to the trucks exterior is a deep hard glass like coating. You don't see any swirls, or imperfections in it.

i forget what colour your truck is!
black is harsh for swirls
Idk about all types of these ceramic sealants, or how everyone applies them, but the shop that did mine in the Boston area did a great job...it's all they do. The finish left to the trucks exterior is a deep hard glass like coating. You don't see any swirls, or imperfections in it.

Back