CV axle Toyota part number 43430-04020-84

Don Martin

I've been looking or the above part number all over the western U.S. and dealers in California, Arizona, Colorado and even Texas are telling me that the rebuilt axles are no longer being made, that I had to order a new one, which I've done (43430-040320)

Anyone else hear this information. My right front of my 01 Taco collapsed and broke everything. Just trying to get her back together again.

Don

yes i did recently hear something about the remanufactured issues that were being had with the chinesium krap being returned as a core to rebuild and sold as OEM remanufactured

Suggest trying other sources.

I recently replaced the CV axles. Toyota wanted 3 weeks for parts, which later turned into 9 weeks. I said nuts to that. Ordered axles from NAPA on a Friday night, free shipping, spend was $170 for the pair and they were delivered to my door the following Tuesday. My repair was made the following Saturday. Less than 10 days from begin to end.

Good Luck on the hunt.

word is the napa axles are junk, defective and induce torque vibrations

I've been told by a friend thats been in his own auto repair business since the late 60's, never to use aftermarket cv axles on a toyota pickup. You'll be replacing them again in a year, or two.

Last edited:
I've been told by a fried thats been in his own auto repair business since the late 60's, never to use aftermarket cv axles on a toyota pickup. You'll be replacing them again in a year, or two.

or 5k miles like my most recent experience with this shi!t
FML

word is the napa axles are junk, defective and induce torque vibrations

Well, at this point you only have gossip and hearsay.

Even if true, I can replace the CV axles 2 more times before I equal the cost of the Toyota branded stuff, plus I don't have a long down time waiting for parts that may ship someday.

Need some help making the connection between a Subaru and a Tacoma...............

Well, at this point you only have gossip and hearsay.

Even if true, I can replace the CV axles 2 more times before I equal the cost of the Toyota branded stuff, plus I don't have a long down time waiting for parts that may ship someday.

Need some help making the connection between a Subaru and a Tacoma...............
They both have an engine?

I'm glad there's a bs thread to contain most of it, but even then this crap spills into other threads.

pretty comical......just watched the Subaru video. 330,xxx miles on dirt roads........

The mechanic is a hack. Center punch and a drill to remove the sheared cotter pin???? A simple straight punch would be a better choice. HIs method of releasing the LBJ is rough. His cotter pin treatment is unusual.

Not to mention some of the other claims....... Most are his personal opinions without any backup. So, just verbal noise.

yeah, i'm puttin' off grooming my dog.

I never ever watched it. I try not to get to that level. Nothing surprises me when these mechanics see a high mileage vehicle. They figure it no longer matters anymore how to treat a vehicle when its got that many miles.

Eric O in NY is a hack? lol

that cotter key pin is likely extremely rusted seized in there

I never ever watched it. I try not to get to that level. Nothing surprises me when these mechanics see a high mileage vehicle. They figure it no longer matters anymore how to treat a vehicle when its got that many miles.

there appears to be some truth to that
unfortunately.

Eric O in NY is a hack? lol

that cotter key pin is likely extremely rusted seized in there
Yes, in my opinion he is. I would not allow him to work on my vehicles.

You're welcome to take your automotive work to him.

yeah......thats good advice. Although, the advice assumes a shop will diddle with that work. Especially, when they can quickly, easily install a complete axle assembly and make more $$$

Most DIYers don't have the facility or equipment for that level of disassembly.

Back