Exhaust

I got a Borla Pro XS intalled at an exhaust shop. Single in dual out and I love it! At idle its no louder than a stock exhaust but has a really solid aggressive tone when on the throttle. The borla's are really bassy and not throaty like a flowmaster. Got some extra torque to play with too. I think I should post a video, since I haven't seen any with a dual setup on a tacoma.

Attachments

• DSC_1018.jpg
    DSC_1018.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
Cant go wrong with magnaflows either! They are a little louder than a borla, depending on your setup.

Thanks for the post. I was on the Flowmaster website and they have a new muffler. It's round; XP Pro series or something like that. Sounds better than their other ones. I guess the inside is cone shaped.

has anyone put dual borla stainless comp. I found one on Craigslist for 100 buck and the muffler shop said it would be 75 to put them on. I do not want it to be stupid loud or quiet wondering if anyone has any experience with them

Hey Taco Joe, definitely post the video; and for the other post, it was a Flowmaster HushPower Pro. That was a little deeper, Not so throaty.

has anyone put dual borla stainless comp. I found one on Craigslist for 100 buck and the muffler shop said it would be 75 to put them on. I do not want it to be stupid loud or quiet wondering if anyone has any experience with them

I've had a dual borla setup (one muffler single in dual out) for about a month now and I love it. Its relatively quiet at idle and silent when coasting down the street, a little "bassier" than stock at idle. It really comes alive above 2500 rpms. If you want a deep bassy exhaust this is the way to go, but if you want a consistent throaty growl then I wouldn't recommend the borla. Everybody has different tastes, so choose wisely. Ill post a video of my setup soon.

A good old fashioned Glasspack or Cherrybomb will work just fine. :D
Old school all the way

I feel ya homie, I put a Cherrybomb Pro on my 2006 Tacoma. I just cut the stock muffler out and put the Cherrybomb in its place and welded it up. It sounds nice, deep, and kinda loud but not too much. Loud enough to where people look when you go by, but it wont wake your neighbors up, or set off car alarms...

Question. The TRD cat back system how much performance increase did you have and how does it change mpg? Thanks

None really. Well it's nothing you can feel or use during normal driving. That's pretty much how all the exhausts are for these truck. Maybe top end gains but that's at full throttle and high RPM.

Back