Fuel in air intake box

Jay Hutcheson

just did an top end rebuild did a bone head and did not mark my lines like I should have. I had a blown head gasket. Long story short I hooked up my lines to where I am pretty sure they are to go. Have some guys that work with me with same engine in a parts truck that has a few lines that are not like mine. I start my truck and starts off running like a champ then gets to where it acts like it is starving for gas. I have raw gas smell pretty bad. Pulling lines I found the vacuum line from the air intake box that hooks to the small line traveling between the upper plenum and lower plenum that goes to the fuel rail has fuel in the line and in the box. Any thoughts? Something seems to be hooked up incorrectly but I cannot make heads or tails on what could be pushing fuel thru the line.

Attachments

• 74EA9753-E4AD-4693-8481-6334ACFE37DC.jpeg
    74EA9753-E4AD-4693-8481-6334ACFE37DC.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 35
just did an top end rebuild did a bone head and did not mark my lines like I should have. I had a blown head gasket. Long story short I hooked up my lines to where I am pretty sure they are to go. Have some guys that work with me with same engine in a parts truck that has a few lines that are not like mine. I start my truck and starts off running like a champ then gets to where it acts like it is starving for gas. I have raw gas smell pretty bad. Pulling lines I found the vacuum line from the air intake box that hooks to the small line traveling between the upper plenum and lower plenum that goes to the fuel rail has fuel in the line and in the box. Any thoughts? Something seems to be hooked up incorrectly but I cannot make heads or tails on what could be pushing fuel thru the line.

I don't have an answer for you, but you have this posted in members garages forum. You may want to move it and then I'm sure you'll get a solution to your problem.

I found what I was looking for. The left fuel rail was leaking fuel at what I thought was the fuel regulator it ended up being the right fuel rail was leaking where the fuel line bolts to the rail shooting across making the left side look like it was the culprit. Couple of new crush washers and she’s running like the day it came from the showroom. First top end rebuild. Turn out perfect. Thanks for the forums. Enjoy look thru and reading.

I found what I was looking for. The left fuel rail was leaking fuel at what I thought was the fuel regulator it ended up being the right fuel rail was leaking where the fuel line bolts to the rail shooting across making the left side look like it was the culprit. Couple of new crush washers and she’s running like the day it came from the showroom. First top end rebuild. Turn out perfect. Thanks for the forums. Enjoy look thru and reading.
Glad you got'er goin! Welcome to the forum!

Short and simple is in until a little stumble. Out until a little stumble then between the two settings should be just about right.

Some people just go in until in stumbles a little then back out until it is smooth.

Hope that helps a little.

Neil

Back