Gen2 Taco Beeps while driving every 5mph

geminiviper

I recently purchased a 2009 Tacoma. It has an interesting beep that starts at either 50 or 55mph. It is a single beep and will beep again everytime the truck passes 60, 65, 70, 75, (maybe others but i have not gone above 75) either going faster or slowing down. Why?

Was this warning light on when you purchased it?
No. And the beeping occurred before the light came on.

Honestly. My assumption was that the cleared the ABS/TRACON system right before selling it to call it an as is truck. That said, the light was on in the pictures so I'm not surprised it is on now.

That seems odd to me, I haven't had that experience with any other vehicles I've owned. I'll look into it though.
I really don't know...it's only a guess. It could be anything, like a seat belt not buckled, or a door latch not fully locked.

Newer trucks, though I've never used it have some sort of speed warning. Older trucks probably not. But, if it were a fleet truck the owner may have had something installed so the drivers would pay at least some attention to their speed. Can you research the previous owner / ask the dealer?

Newer trucks, though I've never used it have some sort of speed warning. Older trucks probably not. But, if it were a fleet truck the owner may have had something installed so the drivers would pay at least some attention to their speed. Can you research the previous owner / ask the dealer?
That's an interesting thought I hadn't considered. The rear bumper is a flat steel bumper that seems rare to me. See images.

Attachments

• 20230725_180653.jpg
    20230725_180653.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230725_180701.jpg
    20230725_180701.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
Back