How many states have you driven your Tacoma through ?

TexasBigBlue

So I have to ask, you bought a Tacoma, You go on a road trip. You're traveling along this great country of ours in the lower 48, and you get to thinking; how many states has my Tacoma seen ? Post some pictures and tell us how you really feel. God Bless America !

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1969.jpeg
    IMG_1969.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
So I have to ask, you bought a Tacoma, You go on a road trip. You're traveling along this great country of ours in the lower 48, and you get to thinking; how many states has my Tacoma seen ? Post some pictures and tell us how you really feel. God Bless America !
is your list complete? it can't possibly be! how did you get to Virginia from Alabama?
WHY did you goto Nebraska, there is nothing there!... even less in Kansas LOL
and no Colorado pic? when you are sporting a Denver Bronco

Last edited:
Ok now I'm really showing my hand here; The photo with the Evel Knievel with his red & blue lights flashing in the rear view window was South Carolina. The Patrol car with his red & blue lights flashing in the rear view mirror was North Carolina. I was headed to Norfolk to see my Navy son and the two speeding violations cost me an extra $420 (Im not kidding and yes I have a lead foot). The rest of the photos are of my former 2016 Tacoma whom my son bought from me (yes the one that had the 95 Tacoma). :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image3-3.jpeg
    image3-3.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Found it ! I knew I had one laying around somwhere (it's a picture of a picture). "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" I got realitives in the Beef state and a son in the Sunflower state stationed at McConnell AFB. And yes I am a die-hard and life long Denver Broncos fan (yes we are suckin this year I know). Since January 2020, TexasBigBlue has traveled through 17 states in the lower 48….

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5949.JPG
    IMG_5949.JPG
    766 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 7
I may have spoken a bit too soon regarding KS and NE
My mistake.

17 might be difficult to beat!
I've had my truck into Ontario Canada, does that count at all?

Found it ! I knew I had one laying around somwhere (it's a picture of a picture). "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" I got realitives in the Beef state and a son in the Sunflower state stationed at McConnell AFB. And yes I am a die-hard and life long Denver Broncos fan (yes we are suckin this year I know). Since January 2020, TexasBigBlue has traveled through 17 states in the lower 48….

My mistake.
No you didn't. There really is not a dam thing in Nebraska or Kansas worth seeing. My mother left that god-awful state when she was pregnant with me and never looked back. My Air Force son can't wait to get his next set of orders and leave Kansas. Someone told me years ago the most dangerous stretch of highway is I-70 that runs through Kansas because its so boring that people fall asleep at the wheel and crashl. You couldnt pay me to live in Kansas. Lol. No offense taken ;)

No you didn't. There really is not a dam thing in Nebraska or Kansas worth seeing. My mother left that god-awful state when she was pregnant with me and never looked back. My Air Force son can't wait to get his next set of orders and leave Kansas. Someone told me years ago the most dangerous stretch of highway is I-70 that runs through Kansas because its so boring that people fall asleep at the wheel and crashl. You couldnt pay me to live in Kansas. Lol. No offense taken ;)
Oh! But there's plenty in Nebraska to see west of US-281 and north of US-30
As long as you're not out to see many trees and forests lol

My mistake.

17 might be difficult to beat!
I've had my truck into Ontario Canada, does that count at all?
Wow, I've never been to Canada but that would be one hell of a road trip from Texas…..I'm in.

Attachments

• now-presenting-texas-plus-united-states-of-americ-and-canada-42007009.png
    now-presenting-texas-plus-united-states-of-americ-and-canada-42007009.png
    86 KB · Views: 11
  • 52f305d7e36d9.jpeg
    52f305d7e36d9.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 11
Wow, I've never been to Canada but that would be one hell of a road trip from Texas…..I'm in.
1100 miles north on I-35 gets you here
end of i35 in Duluth.jpg

endless views of lake superior scenery

lake superior north of Duluth.jpg

and a further short drive north and east will get you to the border south of Thunder Bay

distance to Canada from Duluth.jpg

Last edited:
I use to drive my tundra hauling snowmobiles to quebec every year for 3 to 4 trips a winter. Living a few miles from ny state and ma., i drive my tacoma to them regularly for shopping or snowmobiling when it might ever snow here.

I took my Taco (with trailer hauling my motorcycle) from Virginia through NC, SC, GA and down to south Florida and back.
Got there on a Sunday at 1AM and the rain didn't stop until Tuesday evening. I had to drive back on Friday morning starting at 6. All that driving and fuel to just put around for a day and a half. Probably should have taken the Honda on that road trip.

added 4 states today to the old trucks repertoire o_O 3 I personally have never crossed the border in any vehicle
What a wild exotic ride into six states

OMG Jay ! I completely forgot about this thread ! Which 4 states have you added to your "completion" list ?
OH
WV
VA
NC

That VA is for lubbers lol, it said so at the top of the hill
60 miles from border 2 border and it was nearly ALL downhill
I highly recommend that short wheeling adventure if you ever get there or where in Virginia were you at?

OH
WV
VA
NC

That VA is for lubbers lol, it said so at the top of the hill
60 miles from border 2 border and it was nearly ALL downhill
I highly recommend that short wheeling adventure if you ever get there or where in Virginia were you at?
Whoa, whoa, whoa; are you telling me you're on the road as we speak ? Where the heck ya headed and why ? Job ? Pleasure ? Kids ? Oh please do tell Mr Canuck. Lol….

Heading south I am, texasbigblue
Escaping the damned salted rust belt
Another new state is ready to be wheeled tomorrow, maybe find some peaches
took some time off
Racking up those precious taco miles
Lmao

Washington
Oregon
California
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Utah
Arizona
New Mexico
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
Nebraska

Oops! Forgot
Colorado
Wyoming

15. So far….

Last edited:
So far, My Tacoma...Dutton has been to Delaware (where I reside) Maryland, and Virginia. Mothers day weekend we will be heading south through N.C. and S.C. for our trip to Darlington. It will be making MANY trips to Myrtle Beach as well.

Washington
Oregon
California
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Utah
Arizona
New Mexico
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
Nebraska
Just got back from a 3636 mile trip. Tried something new. Long stints behind the wheel can produce drowsiness. Having recently had a full knee replacement I had some exercise bands sitting around. Looped 2 around my legs before getting in the cab. About every 20 minutes I did about three sets of 20 “curls” on each arm on straight sections of freeway. Better than Red Bull.

Back