Installing Icon stage 6... Few questions.

Richard cooper

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought a new 2-door TRD a couple months ago, and I'm putting a Stage 6 Icon lift with 285's. So far I have run in to the wheel studs being too short... Got the front swapped, a shop is still goofing with the rear as I type. We have the stock short studs out, but we are having trouble fitting the new longer ones in. What I have read here so far is to cut the studs shorter to make them fit? Anybody else have some other options?

Next problem. 285 was the recommended tire size from icon, yet the fronts rubbed like a MF'er. I had to give them 15 more turns of preload to clear the fenders. I don't like the idea of having this much preload, I'm thinking about throwing a leveling kit on there so I can get some more lift and back off on the springs. Let me know if this will work or not. I'm honestly not very smart when it comes to vehicles. I'm a gunsmith by trade and can build you a 1911 from the ground up, just dont ask me to change my oil. Ha.

Just like a woman... Always ditching the short ones for longer ones!! :)
As for cutting, take measurements and cut as needed to fit. Nothing wrong with that

Just like a woman... Always ditching the short ones for longer ones!! :)
As for cutting, take measurements and cut as needed to fit. Nothing wrong with that
The cutting worked and the rears are done. Only thing is that now my truck points to the stars because of all the pre-load. Trying to figure out a way to relieve some of the pre load and level it out without it rubbing.

The cutting worked and the rears are done. Only thing is that now my truck points to the stars because of all the pre-load. Trying to figure out a way to relieve some of the pre load and level it out without it rubbing.
Leveling kit if you mean spacers will give the same preload, you need to do some trimming, have a buddy look while you turn wheel to full lock in both directions and see what needs to be trimmed. Definitely some plastic in wheel well and mabye the cab mount but hipefully not

Back