My Tacoma Got Hurt!

WooD

WooD
Posted this in that "other" Tacoma Forum...5 pages already!

Was driving north on 95 and saw a cop had a car pulled over, slowed down to around 60-65 MPH in the fast lane. What I didn't know or see was a Mustang crashed into the guardrail in the fast lane that I made contact with. Pulled over and backed up to the cop. He must have witnessed it, because the only thing he asked of me was for my drivers license. He helped me unplug my tail light that was hanging by the wires too.

Had my insurance company on the phone while he did what ever it is cops do when they have your drivers license. Since it's missing a tail light the insurance company is sending a tow truck to take it to Beaver Toyota Monday, and having me a loaner car delivered at noon...not from Toyota.

While on the scene the only damage I saw was a ripped finder flair, and the tail light. After I got it home in my garage I saw the tore metal by the mud flap. Today in the sun I saw a small crease in the rear quarter panel just behind the tire. Sucks! I bought the truck new 4 years ago and it never had a single mark on it.

truck04-X2.jpg

truck01-XL.jpg

I had to watch that video several times
Was there anybody in the mustang or standing on the road

I had to watch that video several times
Was there anybody in the mustang or standing on the road

This is a pic from the video. There were for youngish black dudes in the Mustang. You can see one here. Not sure if the others were still in the car or not.

CRASH%2001-X2.jpg

That is why you carry full coverage insurance.

So you slowed all the way down to 60-65 mph......????? FWIW, that is typically the speed limit and not considered slowing down.

Glad you are not hurt. Its only sheet metal and plastic. All repairable.

Good Luck

That is why you carry full coverage insurance.

So you slowed all the way down to 60-65 mph......????? FWIW, that is typically the speed limit and not considered slowing down.

Glad you are not hurt. Its only sheet metal and plastic. All repairable.

Good Luck

Yep 60 to 65. I thought a cop had someone pulled over on the right, so I slowed down and got in the far left lane. I'm not one of those people that have to slow down to a near stop to see what's going on. They back traffic up for miles.

I have great insurance. They picked up my truck, and gave me some kinda little Jeep to drive.

Agreed. No need to rubber neck.

Although, you may have slowed down from your previous speed, but running 60-65 mph in a 65 mph zone isn't really slowing..........

That is dangerous AF for that guy to be standing outside his smashed car with fast moving traffic

Agreed. No need to rubber neck.

Although, you may have slowed down from your previous speed, but running 60-65 mph in a 65 mph zone isn't really slowing..........

Speed limit was 70, which means most people are going 80 to 90.

Back