NASCAR Anyone?

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
I'm a big NASCAR fan. I grew up watching the Washington Redskins play football so of course I loved Joe Gibbs. When he went over to NASCAR I started watching. It took me a few years to get into it but now I really enjoy it.

The Daytona 500 is coming up around the corner. Any other fans?

Yea, I'm looking forward to Daytona. It's odd though that NASCAR's biggest event is the first race of the season.

I was never a fan of the perpetual left turn, but do enjoy 1/4 mile drag racing, I still own my '70 Chevelle SS 396 4/speed ;) Had many a race in that, also had many repairs to do after, started getting pricey so parked it in '94 with 66k on her. With the price of gas these days, 6 MPG is hard on the pocketbook!:rolleyes:

I don't have any current pics but still have an old one loaded up. She's in need of body work and parts are hard to come by. Blew the clutch linkage reason I bought my 1st Toyota p/u an '82 Hi-Lux, it had an 22R 4 banger, got great gas mileage! Took a year to find the parts for the Chevelle and by then was to busy to wrench on her. Someday I'll tackle her. For now mods on my Tacoma :D

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Carl Edwards is my favorite guy still racing, but my all-time favorite is Ricky Rudd. He's sort of a local hero- used to live down the street when my dad was a kid. My dad went to school with him as well. They played football together in the same church field that me and my brothers and sisters play in today. So Ricky's definitely my favorite of all-time, but seeing as he's retired now, I'm on to Carl Edwards as my current favorite.

Mr Smilie huh? He's got to be the best spokesman that NASCAR has ever had. If he gets taken out early of a race early they always drag him into the booth to announce for a while. I always find that funny.

He seems like a great guy... I'm just partial to Joe Gibbs.

Yeah, either Edwards or Dale Jr,, when Carl gets taken out. I used to really like Dale Sr. as well. I still remember the crash that took him out- I was seven or eight, and I bawled my eyes out when I found out he died.

482737_484208641634916_1090920318_n.jpg

Yea, it is pretty lame. There are a lot of things I don't like. But, there are things I'm not a fan of in F1 as well. It goes both ways.

So, being a JGR fan... especially #11... I was bummed to see him get injured last weekend. Pretty brutal. Sounds like he's going to be out for at least 5 - 6 weeks.

I like "neck" racing, was always a Dale sr fan but now follow JR, still sucks he isn't driving the #8 Budweiser and DEI went into the tank after his SR was killed

Back