Not really into Mexican food... but I am addicted to Tacos!

Iwander71

I have been planning to buy a vehicle and have fine-tuned my sights on a Tacoma.
So I have started to work my way through the posts on here... looking for juicy bits of information. (Thanks to all those that have posted before me.)

I am starting to form the opinion that 2007/08, and 2014 are the years of the second generation that I should focus on.
2007/08 because they are the final years before all the electronics were added to the drivetrain, and 2014 because they finally figured all the electronics out.

I would really love to hear others opinions on this please.
Totally stoked... it's taco time dude.

I have been planning to buy a vehicle and have fine-tuned my sights on a Tacoma.
So I have started to work my way through the posts on here... looking for juicy bits of information. (Thanks to all those that have posted before me.)

I am starting to form the opinion that 2007/08, and 2014 are the years of the second generation that I should focus on.
2007/08 because they are the final years before all the electronics were added to the drivetrain, and 2014 because they finally figured all the electronics out.

Welcome to the forum. It’s according to your budget and what you want. There’s a taco for every taste.

Welcome to the forum. Seems like you’re doing your research and making an educated buy. Check Toyota’s website for vin/recalls and TSBs. Look up car fax. Look for rust. I’m sure you’ll find something solid. Post pictures of what you end up with.

The 09 and up is a little better IMO. Backup cam, curtain airbags, led taillights, factory aux port ,To name a few. Mines an 09 106k miles and it's great. Keep doing your research and let us know what u choose.. [emoji16]

Welcome to the Forum!

Back