Picking up my 08 prerunner TRD in the morning

TVG1978

I found a 2008 Tacoma that was traded in at a local a Toyota dealer with 31k miles on it. Sounds too good robe true. Pictures look real good and ran the auto check but not seeing any service records there. Salesman said the previous owner said he had his services done at a local shop that did not report. No actual records available. Makes me nervous. Dealership says it passed inspection. One owner, 2wd, a few scratches here and there, looks rust free top to bottom and underneath in photos. Driving there tomorrow morning to get a real good look. Dropped a healthy deposit to hold it. I’ve been looking for one of these for a long time. Wish me luck! Any advice is welcome. If it looks clean and runs tight I’m probably gonna bite. Can’t resist these old school trucks. Sure hope it works out. If so, I will post some pics.

this is the very 1st time i have heard of the Gen2 taco being regarded as 'old school' truck
I didn't catch that... Had to reread it a couple of times, then I seen it. Damn lysdexia...

I have an '09 and don't consider it "old school"... Maybe that's the cutoff year?

I didn't catch that... Had to reread it a couple of times, then I seen it. Damn lysdexia...

I have an '09 and don't consider it "old school"... Maybe that's the cutoff year?
Picked it up today and it is in great shape. NO brainer. Sorry if old school is incorrect. Fifteen year old truck seems older to me but certainly not as old as the 1984 4wd I had years ago before they were Tacomas. This 08 is soooooo nice! Dumb luck finding it.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 2
  • Resized_Resized_20230609_084528.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230609_084528.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 2
Picked it up today and it is in great shape. NO brainer. Sorry if old school is incorrect. Fifteen year old truck seems older to me but certainly not as old as the 1984 4wd I had years ago before they were Tacomas. This 08 is soooooo nice! Dumb luck finding it.
As Ragner said TVG welcome to tacomaforum.com. And congrats on your new purchase. And 31,000 miles ? Awesome. Have ya given it a name yet ?

No name yet. Been polishing her up and making a list of things to do like scraping off and replacing that protective tape on the rear wheel wells that looks like crap since it is 15 years old and cleaning mold off the rubber trim around the rear window. I think the previous owner had her parked under a tree but the paint cleaned up nice, Just some stuff you would expect to find that needs to be done to get it back to looking great again. Thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am having a real good time playin with the (new to me) toy.

Back