Please help first time post disabled

Jamesindiana36

Hi I buy a 2002 Toyota 2.7 tacoma quadcab 4by4 it great shape 168000 miles friend sell it 2 g to help me bad altinater wich he put it on but how do post pics my cus say it look like frame might be tweak just bit by look at were cab meet back window I want add pics and it drives fine I get it in 2 days is there any issues this modle is know to have o buy way sorry how I text I am disabled and have a hard time put my thoughts into words n I know I miss spell alot I don't need any bs comments about my Grammer thanks guy first time post

Attachments

• 20221201_155738.jpg
    20221201_155738.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20221201_155727.jpg
    20221201_155727.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20221201_155719.jpg
    20221201_155719.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
Hi I buy a 2002 Toyota 2.7 tacoma quadcab 4by4 it great shape 168000 miles friend sell it 2 g to help me bad altinater wich he put it on but how do post pics my cus say it look like frame might be tweak just bit by look at were cab meet back window I want add pics and it drives fine I get it in 2 days is there any issues this modle is know to have o buy way sorry how I text I am disabled and have a hard time put my thoughts into words n I know I miss spell alot I don't need any bs comments
Hi I buy a 2002 Toyota 2.7 tacoma quadcab 4by4 it great shape 168000 miles friend sell it 2 g to help me bad altinater wich he put it on but how do post pics my cus say it look like frame might be tweak just bit by look at were cab meet back window I want add pics and it drives fine I get it in 2 days is there any issues this modle is know to have o buy way sorry how I text I am disabled and have a hard time put my thoughts into words n I know I miss spell alot I don't need any bs comments about my Grammer thanks guy first time post

about my Grammer thanks guy first time post ps truck never been in a wreck and there no rust or cracks in frame I could see or find

welcome aboard to the Tacoma Forums

are you able to get underneath and get some pics in that area the bed is tilting towards the cab
pics of the frame and in the wheel wells by the rear shock mounts, springs and by the fuel tank

welcome aboard to the Tacoma Forums

are you able to get underneath and get some pics in that area the bed is tilting towards the cab
pics of the frame and in the wheel wells by the rear shock mounts, springs and by the fuel tank
I will Monday I suppose go pick it up I buy of a brother inlaw his sister had it drove from Wisconsin to Michigan city 2 week the his mom from there to Michigan n he drove it for year 2 hour day so highway miles but I know u need more pic thanks I trading a wreck car n 1200 buck for it so as long as point a b I'll b happy but I'll have my son go underneath n do that thank u again it nice have some place like this go ask things I only have opened rangers n f150 the mercury milan I drove for year first car I have had I just know toyota last long time my dad had highlander 387000 miles when he sold it sorry I type lot

Wisconsin and Michigan are major midwest winter salt areas
if you were not aware of this already, these old Tacoma's do not handle roadsalt and dirt blockage very well at all underneath in the structural parts :mad:
i am going out on a limb to suppose you are going to find some bad stuff going on under there

Bad stuff happens from excessive road salt exposure. There's times the frame will break in half from this when its put on a lift.

or collapsed to sh!t whilst wheelin' on some broken road and you have to abandon it on the very road like this '97 v6 reg cab from around my parts ...
:confused: :(
it was a horrific gasp...

View attachment 35738

View attachment 35739

View attachment 35740
This is what I'm afraid my Navy sons Tacoma looks like that he just bought from the Boston area. I lived in Nebraska for a few years and had no idea vehicle frames rust this bad. What a waste of a beautiful machine.

This is what I'm afraid my Navy sons Tacoma looks like that he just bought from the Boston area. I lived in Nebraska for a few years and had no idea vehicle frames rust this bad. What a waste of a beautiful machine.
I ran the Carfax on that truck after I found it at the yard
Always registered in Douglas county where liquid salt is heavy compared to western parts where more sand and rock salt is used

That truck was probably RARELY washed and dirt buildup cleaned out for water to drain

I've come across a few that I poke my finger in a frame hole and there is an inch of dirt caked and inside of the frame just sitting there!

I ran the Carfax on that truck after I found it at the yard
Always registered in Douglas county where liquid salt is heavy compared to western parts where more sand and rock salt is used

That truck was probably RARELY washed and dirt buildup cleaned out for water to drain

I've come across a few that I poke my finger in a frame hole and there is an inch of dirt caked and inside of the frame just sitting there!
Ha ha, That's the County I was born in. Clarkson Hospital to be exact. I know Omaha is a dirty city but that's where 12 of my cousins grew up (27th street and South Kennedy Freeway). All 12 of em graduated from Omaha South High School) so I should probley shut my mouth now.

Any older vehicle from New England can be pretty rusty if neglected. I've seen some that were just over 5 years old that looked like they were parked in saltwater.

Any older vehicle from New England can be pretty rusty if neglected. I've seen some that were just over 5 years old that looked like they were parked in saltwater.

if that nasty black crap called magchloride used in Colorado is 'supposedly' less corrossive to steel and iron structures... vehicles and infrastructure such as bridges, drainage etc.
why does the northeast and elsewhere not use this stuff?

220px-Magnesium_chloride.jpg

i suppose it could be transportation cost LOL

In North America, it is produced primarily from Great Salt Lake brine.

Dust and erosion control[edit]​

Magnesium chloride is one of many substances used for dust control, soil stabilization, and wind erosion mitigation.[10] When magnesium chloride is applied to roads and bare soil areas, both positive and negative performance issues occur which are related to many application factors.[11]

Ice control[edit]​

Picture of truck applying liquid de-icer (magnesium chloride) to city streets.
Magnesium chloride is used for low-temperature de-icing of highways, sidewalks, and parking lots. When highways are treacherous due to icy conditions, magnesium chloride is applied to help prevent ice from bonding to the pavement, allowing snow plows to clear treated roads more efficiently.

For the purpose of preventing ice from forming on pavement, magnesium chloride is applied in three ways: anti-icing, which involves spreading it on roads to prevent snow from sticking and forming; prewetting, which means a liquid formulation of magnesium chloride is sprayed directly onto salt as it is being spread onto roadway pavement, wetting the salt so that it sticks to the road; and pretreating, when magnesium chloride and salt are mixed together before they are loaded onto trucks and spread onto paved roads. Calcium chloride damages concrete twice as fast as magnesium chloride.[15] The amount of magnesium chloride is supposed to be controlled when it is used for de-icing as it may cause pollution to the environment.

OMG......

Unless you can put a new frame under that truck........it isn't worth the effort to repair anything else. As it sits, that truck is not safe to drive.

The tapering gap between the bed and the cab is a telltale sign the frame has failed. The pictures of the frame confirm.

Suggest to part it out to recoup as many $$$ as possible.

if that nasty black crap called magchloride used in Colorado is 'supposedly' less corrossive to steel and iron structures... vehicles and infrastructure such as bridges, drainage etc.
why does the northeast and elsewhere not use this stuff?

220px-Magnesium_chloride.jpg
Depending on the state, or towns they either use this raciest white rock salt, or this white liquid the state sprays on the roads usually before a storm. Figging town here leaves a pile of this white rock salt in your lane at every intersection. Seems you have to drive your vehicle over, or through it every time to get where you're going.:eek:

Depending on the state, or towns they either use this raciest white rock salt, or this white liquid the state sprays on the roads usually before a storm. Figging town here leaves a pile of this white rock salt in your lane at every intersection. Seems you have to drive your vehicle over, or through it every time to get where you're going.:eek:

Ok......I'm curious.....

Since when did the color of salt become racist?????

Lets not perpetuate the nonsense.

Back