potHole...

JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... clutched. 348k on the 0D0
this is what i hit recently on a busy 2-lane city street and damaged my Yota wheel so that the steering wheel went wobble wobble

IMG_7688.JPG

potHole  7 inch deep.JPG

potHole  2 ft.JPG

IMG_7690.JPG

Nothing new there, Roads are just as bad or worse in town here. You should have seen the passenger side strut on my tundra that was damaged after hitting a pothole worse than that.

How could it be worse than that?
How deep are your streets?

Nothing new there, Roads are just as bad or worse in town here. You should have seen the passenger side strut on my tundra that was damaged after hitting a pothole worse than that.

Generally, I'll slow down for those if I can't avoid.

As an observation. That hole is very close to the curb. Why are you driving so close to the curb????

Ya know. As a possible course of action. If you can prove that you hit that pothole and suffered resulting damage from the impact, then the city may be liable to reimburse you for the damages. You would need more than just your account and a few random pictures.

How could it be worse than that?
How deep are your streets?
Some of our streets have 4-6'' deep potholes that are one 6' long. It feels like you're going over a sidewalk curb every time you hit one. Heck every time I travel down high street, you'd better have anything loose in your truck well secured.

its very narrow lanes on that turn with utility poles not far off the curb, it is NOT close to the curb that is why i took picture of the curb! which is not nessarily a 'curb' but the entrance to a small parking lot for the cornershop

when i was waiting for traffic to cease and could step out with the tape measure MOST every vehicle hit that... dozens of them in 15 minutes time

i checked the city pothole reporter page and it looks like it was first reported at the end of March... 3 weeks ago

Repair is ineffective with water, freezing rain and such.

It needs to be dry for a while so the water under the wear surface (asphalt) can dry out. Otherwise, the patch will just pop out again in a short time.
I wouldn't expect repairs until mid-May or later.

It might be somewhat temporary, but a cold patch is better than nothing when it comes down to saving on paying out for car repairs.

Potholes are rampant out here, even in higher end neighborhoods. Heck, Arnold Schwarzenegger got on the news when he repaired one in his neighborhood. Of course, it was scheduled to be repaired the next day. Yea, right. And the utility said he didn't do it right. But at least he did something and paid for it out of his own pocket.

Back