pre runner torque specifications

toddcripe

I just finished replacing the suspension and coilovers on my 1999 pre-runner. Looking in the Haynes manual for torque specs it shows everything except the pre-runner. Are you guys using the torque specs for 4WD? I'd prefer to do it correctly instead "nice and tight".

There could be a general torque specification list in the Haynes based of the size & strength of the fastener.

Be aware. The fastener size is NOT the hex size. Fastener size is based on the diameter of the body.

The head will show markings to indicate the strength of the fastener.

Metric fasteners have several strength designators. Sorry, I don't recall the specifics. Best for you to look this up. Then you will know in the future.

There could be a general torque specification list in the Haynes based of the size & strength of the fastener.

Be aware. The fastener size is NOT the hex size. Fastener size is based on the diameter of the body.

The head will show markings to indicate the strength of the fastener.

Metric fasteners have several strength designators. Sorry, I don't recall the specifics. Best for you to look this up. Then you will know in the future.
Thanks. Pretty familiar with fasteners. The issue is my pre-runner is 2wd and the torque specifications shown in Haynes manual for 2wd tacoma are not correct. The specs for 4wd and 4-runner look mostly right but some of them are clearly not correct for the stock 2wd pre-runner suspension.

Ok. Look at the head of the bolt. What number is stamped on it???? 4.6, 4.8, 5.8, 8.8, 9.8, 10.9 and 12.9.

Ok. Look at the head of the bolt. What number is stamped on it???? 4.6, 4.8, 5.8, 8.8, 9.8, 10.9 and 12.9.
Rock62, i'm not concerned with the load rating of the bolts. I typically use Grade 8 bolts for most things even though it's overkill. Regardless, I've already put the truck back together and taken it over to local shop to do an alignment.

Back