tacoma newbie

bigwill

I just purchased a 2004 Toyota Tacoma crew cab. I need advice on aftermarket rotors, pads, the valve cover gaskets, and tube seals. I also need to know what is the best Spark plug to get. This is my first Toyota truck, I've always heard the Tacoma was one of the best Toyota trucks ever made. Thanks in advance.

OEM for it all.

Aftermarket brakes are alright if you need them but the biggest improvements come from full big brake kits. I have Brembo blank rotors and Hawk pads in my truck and the pads sound like metal on metal.

As valve cover gaskets go OEM is the best but I'm sure any will work

No need for aftermarket plugs. The dealer sells them for cheap and they are the proper plugs.

Tube seals?

Thanks guys! I think I will go with the oem parts. I will be saving on labor because I have a friend that can install all the parts. My local dealers want 86.00 an hour. He will do the jobs for 30.00 an hour.

I had a pre purchase inspection done and all they found was a slightly leaking valve cover gasket,tune up, brake pads and rotors. The truck has 120,000 miles on it. It is the infamous impulse red.

Timing belt and water pump was done at 92,000 miles. Previous owner changed water pump while he was in there as preventive maintenance.

Back