The New Direction of Toyota?

Sounds like a whinny snowflake, but seriously I've noticed this years ago. Toyota has become more capitalized, and domesticated just like our american auto manufactures.
Thanks to the EPA guidelines, toyota has to make smaller displacement turbo equipped engines now for more hp, and build larger trucks that americans want. They figure as long as people are willing to keep paying the cost to own 1/2 million tacos per year, they're not worried. At least toyota isn't doubling down on EV's like others.

Since '91 I've chosen 5 Toyotas for their logical design, quality construction, and overall reliability. But now it appears that they are trending in a different direction. I think the video does a good job of pointing this out. And there's little doubt that government interference has forced us to accept products we don't necessarily want or need. I'm ready to curtail agency mandate authority, at least.

The epa is basically dictating they go this route, if Toyota is to stay competitive, or ahead of other manufactures just as the epa has done to the power sports industry, making all manufactures build 4 strokes instead of 2 strokes.....same for power equipment tools. Now it's cordless using batteries.
The issue I see whether we like it, or not, were being force to accept it, or your sol. Government knows we need our vehicles to earn a living.

Back