Toyota Tacoma Diesel Coming Soon ???

TexasBigBlue

I read the below article and in part it states; "Toyota filed a United States patent last year with a high-compression engine that may run on diesel fuel. In general, that means only one, the upcoming Tundra or the Tacoma, or perhaps both, will use it." I will scoop one up in a heartbeat if this is true, especially a manuel transmission ! What do you guys think ?

I don't know Jay but can you just imagine driving a diesel Tacoma and pulling up to a red light with a jeep beside you and you start "rolling coal" on his ass ? Priceless :p

"rolling coal"...... completely lame and juvenile.

Perhaps I'm dense......I don't understand what the message of "rolling coal" is sending.

Just wasting the most expensive fuel. Not to mention the stench being vomited on the rest of us.

"rolling coal"...... completely lame and juvenile.

Perhaps I'm dense......I don't understand what the message of "rolling coal" is sending.

Just wasting the most expensive fuel. Not to mention the stench being vomited on the rest of us.
Juvenile no. Been watching semi-trucks doing it for years but good point about the most expensive fuel.

Here we go. I remember when regular leaded gas was 35 cents a gallon. 29 cents when there was a gas war. Beat that.
You got me beat. The best I remember in Colorado in the early 70's when gasoline was 48¢ a gallon. The Kwikmart didn't sell diesel so I couldnt tell the diesel prices back then.

So the 91 cents a gallon I juiced up with in Wisconsin in April 2020 is equivalent to what in the early 1970s?

I don't know Jay, I was merely responding to jdr3366. I've never been to Wisconson but 91¢ a gallon in 2020 seems pretty dam good to me. :)

I don't know Jay, I was merely responding to jdr3366. I've never been to Wisconson but 91¢ a gallon in 2020 seems pretty dam good to me. :)
yes, it was good while the gettin' was good!!
i traveled far to get that price all the while fighting those zombies
even found a real good deal of 143c near Chicago O'Hare, a price i had not seen there in more than 15 years
# never let a crisis goto waste

Wautoma 91c gas ~ 3  - April 2o2o.jpgi also used a 10 or 15c discount

Wautoma 91c gas ~ 9.JPG

then some taco juice in Chicago
like a kid in a candy store!

Chicago gas 143c  ~ April 2o2o.jpg

Juvenile no. Been watching semi-trucks doing it for years but good point about the most expensive fuel.
When semi-tractors "roll coal" they are pulling heavy load or under quick acceleration.

When Jr. in his pickup "roll coal", he is just being an obnoxious twerp who thinks he is cool or proving a point.

When semi-tractors "roll coal" they are pulling heavy load or under quick acceleration.

When Jr. in his pickup "roll coal", he is just being an obnoxious twerp who thinks he is cool or proving a point.

with a puff of black smoke leaving you in the dust to choke!

Breaking news ! The new 2024 Toyota Tacoma details article just posted on the internet tonight. I don't know what to think. They made the outside look just like the 2024 Tundra (gross). Took away the rounded edges and made it more boxier (gross). The rooftop is now razor thin just like the 2024 Tundra (gross). They shrunk the grill (gross). And it appears the back doors just got smaller like those 02-04 Tacomas that looked stupid ! (gross). So I ask; WHY ? My next question is will Toyota offer this copycat pickup truck in with the Diesel motor ? Manuel transmission ? Somebody please help me slowdown my high blood pressure.

tacoma-rear.jpg

Wait a minute…. Is that the same Roll-Down rear window that's standard on teh Tundra ? If it is, then hell yes I want one of these. Where d I sign up ? I have dreamed for ten years for a "roll-down" rear window in my Tacoma. Yes, yes, yes….

Back