Trying to find my stock wheel specs.

tacomalimited

2018 dcsb mgm limited 4x4
I can't seem to find the specs for my stock wheels.I would like to buy a set of the black and silver FJ wheels, I don't want to change/modify anything though.I have stock 18" chrome clad wheels with 265 60 18 tires. I don't know my offset or backspacing or anything else.I tried googling it and I tried the Toyota site, but I can't seem to find my rims.btw, these are the rims I want, if I can find the right size....http://www.fjcruiserpartswarehouse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RW5081BPT0202&Store_Code=fj&Category_Code=Black_Wheels

Last edited:
Here is a list. Not sure if yours are the X-runner wheels or not but it is the only 18" listed. But I know that some 4runner, sequoia wheels are 18"

Hey, I know I'm new, and everyone hates that new guy who comes in and wants to change something but I've noticed many, many new wheel threads pop up just in my short stay here. I was thinking that one way to alleviate this, and I've seen this done on many forums, is to sticky a thread with with the general information commonly used to answer all these repetitive threads. As a I start I'd like to propose a sticky on the specifications for the stock wheels available to Tacomas. Personally, I own a 2nd Gen with the 16" steelies, so I would need input from other members, but this thread can also be expanded to include info for 1st Gens as well. Useful information would be: diameter, width, offset, backspacing, weight and bolt pattern. Here is what I know so far:

2nd Generation Tacoma:
Base Steel Wheels: 15x6, +40 mm offset, ? backspacing, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
SR5 Steel Wheels: 16x7, +? mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Off-Road Wheels: 16x7, +32 mm offset, 5.25" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
X-Runner Alloy Wheels: 18x8, +30 mm offset, ? backspacing, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Baja Alloy Wheels: 16x7, +? mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
Ivan Stewart TRD Alloy Wheels: 16x8, +1 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, 23 lbs
TRD FJ Cruiser Allow Wheels: 16x7.5, +15 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs

This list is far from complete but I will try to continue to update it if people offer up the needed information. Perhaps even expand this to include tire sizes as well?

Here is a list. Not sure if yours are the X-runner wheels or not but it is the only 18" listed. But I know that some 4runner, sequoia wheels are 18"

Hey, I know I'm new, and everyone hates that new guy who comes in and wants to change something but I've noticed many, many new wheel threads pop up just in my short stay here. I was thinking that one way to alleviate this, and I've seen this done on many forums, is to sticky a thread with with the general information commonly used to answer all these repetitive threads. As a I start I'd like to propose a sticky on the specifications for the stock wheels available to Tacomas. Personally, I own a 2nd Gen with the 16" steelies, so I would need input from other members, but this thread can also be expanded to include info for 1st Gens as well. Useful information would be: diameter, width, offset, backspacing, weight and bolt pattern. Here is what I know so far:

2nd Generation Tacoma:
Base Steel Wheels: 15x6, +40 mm offset, ? backspacing, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
SR5 Steel Wheels: 16x7, +? mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Off-Road Wheels: 16x7, +32 mm offset, 5.25" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
X-Runner Alloy Wheels: 18x8, +30 mm offset, ? backspacing, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD Baja Alloy Wheels: 16x7, +? mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
Ivan Stewart TRD Alloy Wheels: 16x8, +1 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, 23 lbs
TRD FJ Cruiser Allow Wheels: 16x7.5, +15 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs

This list is far from complete but I will try to continue to update it if people offer up the needed information. Perhaps even expand this to include tire sizes as well?

Thanks! But I don't think any of those are my wheels, it's not a prerunner and its 6 lug.Its a 2013 dclb tacoma limited 4x4 Here's a pic....

Attachments

• 20130701_104749.jpg
    20130701_104749.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I just found in my owners manual that my rims are 18"x7 1/2 j.I don't know what the back spacing and offset is, and I know they are 6 lug but don't know if they are 6x5 or 6x5.5 or 6x4.5, how can I tell? Btw what does the "j" mean in the wheel size?

The back spacing may be stamped or imposed on the inside lip on the back of the wheel. I would pull one off and see. My civic Si stock alloys had the back spacing stamped on it.

Thanks, I'll look at my spare tire tomorrow to see if it says anything, it rained today so it's really wet out, sucks! I don't know why it's so hard to find, even when I google 2013 TAcoma limited wheels, I get nothing, wtf??!!!?

Thanks, I'll look at my spare tire tomorrow to see if it says anything, it rained today so it's really wet out, sucks! I don't know why it's so hard to find, even when I google 2013 TAcoma limited wheels, I get nothing, wtf??!!!?

I would bet that your spare is a steel wheel. But if you are going to crawl under the truck then you might be able to see the #'s on the alloy wheels with a flashlight.

I found this set on eBay. In the description at the bottom where is says wheel size/specs it has a 25 after the measurements. I would assume that would be the back spacing.

50d9f92f5c399a522126333cadcf5f43.jpg

Last edited:
I found this set on eBay. In the description at the bottom where is says wheel size/specs it has a 25 after the measurements. I would assume that would be the back spacing.

50d9f92f5c399a522126333cadcf5f43.jpg

Yes that looks like the specs for my wheels, but it still don't tell me the back spacing and offset of those wheels.When shopping for wheels, wouldn't I need to know that? I never thought it would be so frustratingly tiresome to find wheels in my exact size that would fit. Most rims I find say that they are 18"x8 stating the tire size for that rim to be 255 60 18.I need 18"x7.5, and tires that are 265 60 18.I really like the look of 5 spoke black and chrome or black & silver rims. Anyone know a good site to look or what brand? I really wanted the black and silver fj wheels, I don't think they make the size I need though. What if I got 17" rims and larger tires? I don't want to throw off my speedometer or recalibrate it, that's why I am looking for the same exact size I have.uuuhg so frustrating, sorry for the long post! I appreciate everyone's help!

Last edited:
I would bet that your spare is a steel wheel. But if you are going to crawl under the truck then you might be able to see the #'s on the alloy wheels with a flashlight.

Surprisingly it's not, it's identical to the other 4 wheels.I found that out the second day I owned it, my buddy is a huge Toyota fan, he examined every inch of the truck. He wanted to see all the things Toyota changed since he bought his 94 pickup new!(before it was called a Tacoma)lol!

Yes that looks like the specs for my wheels, but it still don't tell me the back spacing and offset of those wheels.When shopping for wheels, wouldn't I need to know that? I never thought it would be so frustratingly tiresome to find wheels in my exact size that would fit. Most rims I find say that they are 18"x8 stating the tire size for that rim to be 255 60 18.I need 18"x7.5, and tires that are 265 60 18.I really like the look of 5 spoke black and chrome or black & silver rims. Anyone know a good site to look or what brand? I really wanted the black and silver fj wheels, I don't think they make the size I need though. What if I got 17" rims and larger tires? I don't want to throw off my speedometer or recalibrate it, that's why I am looking for the same exact size I have.uuuhg so frustrating, sorry for the long post! I appreciate everyone's help!

American racing has reasonable prices and have a lot of black rims with a little chrome accents. Check em out

Back