What do you use your Tacoma for?

Taco Man

I'm just curious what y'all use your Tacoma for? I use my 2002 base model 2wd Taco as a daily driver. I sometimes haul some light loads with it as well.

How about y'all? Do you use it as a daily driver, off roading, hunting and fishing, camping, or maybe a work truck? Maybe any combination of the above things or something else?
Maybe post pictures of you using it for something.

Last edited:
Mine's a toy now , got it for work to replace my 03 tundra then the boss got me a full size transit 250 tall van. So now it tows boat ,hauls trash and kayaks and bicycles, and going out on the beach. And we take it on trips cuz I rather drive it than my wife's X3. Wish I had the turbo like the Beemer ! lol

Last year I started working with a friend doing home renovations. My tool collection grew quickly over the first six months. Fitting all my tools into my Civic started getting tough, I needed a new vehicle. Fast forward to October of 2021 and I took delivery of my Taco. It is used for hauling my tools around and carrying other things to and from different projects. After taking delivery of my truck I placed an order for my Decked drawer system. And of course I take it off road when I can.

This is my first truck that I have had and I love it. I don't think I will go back to having a car any time soon.

Daily driver to work......50 miles round trip per day. Takes me to the Gun Club quite often and through Sonic occasionally!
It's approx. 25 miles round trip for me to work. I used to go to the gun range a lot too before the whole plandemic thing happened. I should start back again just haven't done it. I have another toolbox I mount across the rear portion of the bed to put my guns and gear in when I go to the range.

I would like to get another older truck to go to the gun range and deer hunting in, possibly a '90s Ford F150 extended cab. My cousin suggested a 4x4 mini truck, that got me to thinking about another 1st gen Tacoma double cab possibly a 4x4 like my cousin said. I think that'll be better actually, then I can keep the one I have as a daily driver and also have a spare vehicle.

Last year I started working with a friend doing home renovations. My tool collection grew quickly over the first six months. Fitting all my tools into my Civic started getting tough, I needed a new vehicle. Fast forward to October of 2021 and I took delivery of my Taco. It is used for hauling my tools around and carrying other things to and from different projects. After taking delivery of my truck I placed an order for my Decked drawer system. And of course I take it off road when I can.

This is my first truck that I have had and I love it. I don't think I will go back to having a car any time soon.
It's actually the opposite with me, I've never owned a car always had trucks. My first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 that was my grandpa's.

It's approx. 25 miles round trip for me to work. I used to go to the gun range a lot too before the whole plandemic thing happened. I should start back again just haven't done it. I have another toolbox I mount across the rear portion of the bed to put my guns and gear in when I go to the range.

I would like to get another older truck to go to the gun range and deer hunting in, possibly a '90s Ford F150 extended cab. My cousin suggested a 4x4 mini truck, that got me to thinking about another 1st gen Tacoma double cab possibly a 4x4 like my cousin said. I think that'll be better actually, then I can keep the one I have as a daily driver and also have a spare vehicle.
Trigger-time is therapeutic! LOL Having a spare vehicle is a good idea......never know when the unexpected might present itself.

'66 f100 great truck my father owned a gas station and that was our shop truck .had a 352 4 barrel , FMX auto, long bed .first truck I drove on the street .It did great burnouts too!

My truck is not my daily driver anymore and does all sorts. Off road, dump runs, Home Depot/Lowes runs.. the typical truck stuff. As a homeowner I found it difficult during those gap years when we didn't have a truck.

Trigger-time is therapeutic! LOL Having a spare vehicle is a good idea......never know when the unexpected might present itself.
Exactly! A spare vehicle is always good!
'66 F100 is a classic! 3-speed on the tree?
Yes it was a 3-speed on the column that someone else before my grandpa had swapped a Hurst shifter into!
'66 f100 great truck my father owned a gas station and that was our shop truck .had a 352 4 barrel , FMX auto, long bed .first truck I drove on the street .It did great burnouts too!
Mine had a 352 with a 2 barrel Motorcraft with a manual choke, manual everything as a matter of fact! Lol! It was a short bed Custom Cab!

Last edited:
It's actually the opposite with me, I've never owned a car always had trucks. My first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 that was my grandpa's.
My very first vehicle that I registered was a boat which I bought the summer between 7th and 8th grades. The vehicle I learned to drive in was my dad's '86 Ecnoline150 Ford van. That was a hoot to have as my car for driving to school. It was a lot easier to see over the hood in the van than my Taco.

My very first vehicle that I registered was a boat which I bought the summer between 7th and 8th grades. The vehicle I learned to drive in was my dad's '86 Ecnoline150 Ford van. That was a hoot to have as my car for driving to school. It was a lot easier to see over the hood in the van than my Taco.
The vehicle I learned to drive on was my dad's '84 Ford F150 short bed with the 300 ci. 6 cyl. and C5 tranny. Then I got my grandpa's old '66 Ford F100 that I mentioned before with the 3-speed manual transmission, then my dad started teaching me how to drive it! I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, wasn't even old enough to get my license yet and I already had a truck!

Sompin' bout a truck! :)my friend is building a '65 econoline pick up an he put a 5.0 mustang drive train in it he made the 3 speed column shifter into a 4 speed shifter and has a separate lever on the floor for reverse. It freekin awesome and works perfect! Little Red neck engineering engineering at its best ill get some pics next time I'm at his shop.

Last edited:
Sompin' bout a truck! :)my friend is building a '65 econoline pick up an he put a 5.0 mustang drive train in it he made the 3 speed column shifter into a 4 speed shifter and has a separate lever on the floor for reverse. It freekin awesome and works perfect! Little Red neck engineering engineering at its best ill get some pics next time I'm at his shop.
Cool! Sounds good would love to see those pics!

Back