What's happening to this Forum?

its even so hard to even find an economical non-flashy car/suv of interest that has just 2 doors and a truck or hatch

its even so hard to even find an economical non-flashy car/suv of interest that has just 2 doors and a truck or hatch
I don't think Coupe body style has been made for a decade or more, unless you step to the high $$ exotics.

Unless you're toting around a family.....2 of those 4 doors are extra.

This forum is such a breath of fresh air compared to the other one. There is a lot of good information over there, but you have to sift through a lot of BS sometimes to find it. Seems to be a much more mature crowd over here

This forum is such a breath of fresh air compared to the other one. There is a lot of good information over there, but you have to sift through a lot of BS sometimes to find it. Seems to be a much more mature crowd over here
Depends on the crowd. There are some overly mature that have no sense of humor....especially the mods.

I disagree. I don't think the mods over there are very mature at all.

More like a bunch of teenagers with self-indulgence issues.

i tried to explain to an Iowa native relocated to MN about helmet laws once
it got retard

When I joined this group 3 years ago, there was a lot of discussion on a lot of topics. It was interesting and educational to be here.

Now, on the Maintenance Forum the last post/reply was Friday.

On this forum, there have been only 7 posts/replies in the past week.

That other forum posted 15 in the last half hour on topics related to 3rd ten tacos.

Why is this?
I just joined! Just bought a 2009 toco with 37000 miles on it garaged it’s whole life. What a find if I do say so myself.
I hope I can get some good upgrading ideas here.

@Axeman16...

A suggestion. Don't go wild with modifications. Drive it for a year, learn its capabilities and "personality" and your needs. Notice I said Needs, not Wants. Avoid the "Me Too" mods for bro points. Reminder. Mods do not add to the value of the truck. They only add curb appeal for YOU. The next buyer will use KBB to value the truck, your mods may not be selling points for the next buyer.

Congrats on finding Golden Nugget.

Thanks the one thing I was thinking of doing is putting bigger wheels and tires in the short term. I think that that is good advice though. I just have to say it the price, can not be more stocked under $14000.00. and I have been looking for over a year!
thank you for the advise.

Careful with the wheel/tire choice. Its very easy to install a set that has a negative impact on the truck.

That is why I am here for the pros and cons I was thinking going just to 16” wheels maybe 8” not to radical. Any thoughts.

Hmmmmm........

Suggest to drive it for a long time before dumping $$$ into wheel/tires. The 2.7 isn't known as a power beast. Bigger tires could have a significant impact on acceleration, handling, fuel economy, ride quality......etc.

You may want to run through the high mileage maintenance schedule. Service what is needed and to get you familiar with the truck. Spend a little time with the Owner's Manual fiddling with all the buttons, gadgets and stuff.

Even though its low miles, it does have significant age. Age will degrade fluids, rubber, gaskets.........

Even with my 3.5 v6, going to 265/70 16 a/t tires from the 245/75/16 all season stock firestones, it affected my fuel economy slightly. Unless you really need bigger tires for some reason, you'd still be better off staying with the stock size.

Don't even think of bigger tires if an auto unless you plan to regear it. I test drove a new one, while wondering if it had enough power other than to carry some groceries back home. These gen3 Tacomas are nearly as heavy as my gen1 v8 tundra. Just blows my mind they made these 3 gen taco 4 bangers with an auto.

@tacojoel. The poster of the tire question, Axeman16, is in a 2009 Gen2.

@Axeman16. You should probably start a new Topic for your tire questions. Then they won't get lost in a bunch of banter.

Back