a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

Its normal for new highway tires wanting to follow the grooves in the pavement.
Depends on the depth of those grooves, I guess it's possible. I can tell you my tires will get noisy on certain pavement surfaces, but the truck never wants to deviate from where its being steered.
When the steering rack became played out on my tundra, there was little dampening feel to the steering wheel opposed to the new rack I installed.
Yes jay, that is a carrier bearing. Now it just needs to go home.

Last edited:
I'm at a loss.....................

Does he buy stuff just to have around aging in their plastic bags never to be used due to multitudes of excuses to avoid installation?

I'm at a loss.....................

Does he buy stuff just to have around aging in their plastic bags never to be used due to multitudes of excuses to avoid installation?
It's in relation to the pic of post #1120. Obviously this must be the case. No one would normally afford to do this unless a deep sedimental attachment to a vehicle.

Depends on the depth of those grooves, I guess it's possible. I can tell you my tires will get noisy on certain pavement surfaces, but the truck never wants to deviate from where its being steered.
When the steering rack became played out on my tundra, there was little dampening feel to the steering wheel opposed to the new rack I installed.
Those grooves on highway 80 here are DEEP in sections especially near the shoulder

n'da shop for the various big repairs/maintenance/all-new-parts

IMG_0326.JPG

Last edited:
you should witness the grooves in the road surface on this stretch of i80 ... its 6 or perhaps 7 lanes going into the west mixmaster
that is a wow now that i reflect upon it

and makes me want to go buy those new Falken wildPeaks M/T then get them mounted and wheel the same stretch to see if the queasy to and fro vibes are absent with a different tread pattern

or else it is the aged, weathered and worn truck suspension steering parts doing this...

You need to experience the rumble grooves the state here has infused in these 2 lane secondary highways for people that fall asleep, or drift over the center line. The sudden roar of the tires, and steering vibration is enough to wake the dead.

how the heck do you pass/overtake someone on those secondarys with those rumble grooves

they do work AWESOME though in a blizzard event and trying to find and maintain the center of the road so you don't go into the ditch
had to do that in northern Minnesota a year or twoish back

where are my pics of that absolut epic wheel?

how the heck do you pass/overtake someone on those secondarys with those rumble grooves

they do work AWESOME though in a blizzard event and trying to find and maintain the center of the road so you don't go into the ditch
had to do that in northern Minnesota a year or twoish back

where are my pics of that absolut epic wheel?
You mash the heel to the steel over therm, thats how.

You don't want to mash the heel whilst wheeling thru a blizzard
Most definitely not!

gotta go and pay the Taco Toll online
its basically for a couple miles to route 6 exit off of highWay 80 via the 355 IL tollway
i thought there might not be a toll for the first exit but after getting on the offramp there it was, the scanners, at the 1st redlight on route 6
:(

bed-o-new-taco-parts
and a sandbag :)

box-o-taco parts for new clutch and other stuffs.jpg

edit- undercovers are not 'new'

Last edited:
10 days more linger on...
n'da shop still
git it orderd

this here was found upon disassembly of clutch

input shaft at 341k at TCCN.jpg

this is what a new one would basically look like