noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

could that open connector be the one that is supposed to be plugged into the front 02 sensor??
the downstream 02 sensor is a gray plug so IDK!?!
if that sensor is unplugged would the truck even run? run rough? trigger a CEL?

wot is the deal here..

could that open connector be the one that is supposed to be plugged into the front 02 sensor??
the downstream 02 sensor is a gray plug so IDK!?!
if that sensor is unplugged would the truck even run? run rough? trigger a CEL?

wot is the deal here..
Your asking me? its your truck. I never owned a gen1 tacoma, let alone did any real work on one.
I'd try stretching out this cable to see what it reach's that has a similar plug with a male end. If nothing comes up..it can't be anything to worry about. Sorry if I come across gruff, but I hate spoon feeding guys that don't put in the effort to exhaust these issue's first.

Last edited:
latest full tank of tacoJuice it is a bitty better
but still a bit off imo

348387-348037
350/17.75
=19.718

Last edited:
Your asking me? its your truck. I never owned a gen1 tacoma, let alone did any real work on one.
I'd try stretching out this cable to see what it reach's that has a similar plug with a male end. If nothing comes up..it can't be anything to worry about. Sorry if I come across gruff, but I hate spoon feeding guys that don't put in the effort to exhaust these issue's first.
it looks as though it is all bound up with black electrical tape?
no need to feel sorry about it at all, tacoJoel
you cannot spoon feed nobody if you have no clues + experience in the matters
no knowledge to pass it on...
the knowledge i personally acquire i do and will pass it on in return for zero coz that is how i roll with the flavour

i have to go through one of those timmy the toolman videos on the gen3 T4R clutch replacement AGAIN
see if there are some clues inside there about this open plug

Timmy toolman is top quality afaik

No comment to that other comment
DBAP

so now I been told the transmission is still being broken in is what the causes of the poor mpg are
How many miles does the transmission need to break in proper?

Thats what I call high quality bs.
Just when you thought you've heard everything, something like this appears.

I took on a load of fuel today. Made the MPG calc.........18.9 mpg. Typically running about 65-70 mph face first into KS winds, feeding a V-6 (4.0L), AT, 4wd, Access cab. Its running very well.

So glad, I don't have a 4 popper on an MT. :):D:D

I did a roughly 90 mile round trip sunday that was all highway with 1/2 the speeds between 70-80 mph, the other half averaging 45-50 mph. According to electronic dash led readout, it was 22.1 mpg, which has been within a couple tenths when doing the actual math.

could it from exhaust leaks or the sorts of?

at least 2 purchase points on that system were tinkered with :confused:

Back