‘17 Taco Off Road Dash Rattle

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Desertdogs, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Desertdogs

Desertdogs Member

Hi y’all,

Wondering if anyone else has this. Now that winter has hit, I’m getting a rattle just under the dash on the drivers side. Weird, because a light pressure on the top, cluster face, cluster side, makes it go away. Only happens when it’s cold, and at low speeds.

Only 14 mos old, 17k miles, no hard abuse yet. Haven’t done any mods to create it

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I've used those small self-sticking felt pads you get from Walmart too.

OR17TRD, texasred and B-Man like this.
  5. OP
    Desertdogs

Desertdogs Member

All great ideas. Haven’t found the source yet

texasred and OR17TRD like this.
  6. arm76

arm76 Active Member

My '17 Sport had a glove box rattle. Turns out the culprit was the plastic shelf when weight was placed on it. Fixed that, now I get a passenger side dash tick or click when going over road bumps, but only during sub-zero weather (32F).
    Thankfully no driver side noise as you've described, so far...

texasred and Bogunn like this.