00' TRD Off-Road: Project WASABI

Not yet. I was 100% set on a set from eric/relentless with a kickup, but money got redirected

gonna replace lower ball joints and outer tie rods, along with wire up a few LED bars for the bumper first

I need em though haha

1eb9f6cacf0d11e2ab2122000a9f4dc5_7.jpg

How critical was it to ensure re-installation of control arms were aligned when you finished install? Could the coilovers/struts be installed without having to get an alignment after?

How critical was it to ensure re-installation of control arms were aligned when you finished install? Could the coilovers/struts be installed without having to get an alignment after?

Depends on whether or not you're getting a lift out of the coilover assembly. if you're just doing a shock swap, with no change to the suspension geometry you should be fine.

but if you're adding a lift, you'll want an alignment. It probably won't change your alignment to the point where you need to drive to an alignment shop directly after the lift, but it could affect tire wear over time.

Depends on whether or not you're getting a lift out of the coilover assembly. if you're just doing a shock swap, with no change to the suspension geometry you should be fine.

but if you're adding a lift, you'll want an alignment. It probably won't change your alignment to the point where you need to drive to an alignment shop directly after the lift, but it could affect tire wear over time.

Rajah and Thx, Iʻm hoping to get the fox coilovers by years end. That and rear replācement leaf springs.

How did those with the resorviors do? Is that all hype? For serious off-roaders? My stocks did well for what i did which is why im sticking to just the coilovers. Alot of Taco's here have that resovior setup and it doesnt look like they take their rigs off-roading at all. Not a hating kind a guy just a practical use dude. Im sure if i can be convinced its what i meed i'd probably buy those....

Rajah and Thx, Iʻm hoping to get the fox coilovers by years end. That and rear replācement leaf springs.

How did those with the resorviors do? Is that all hype? For serious off-roaders? My stocks did well for what i did which is why im sticking to just the coilovers. Alot of Taco's here have that resovior setup and it doesnt look like they take their rigs off-roading at all. Not a hating kind a guy just a practical use dude. Im sure if i can be convinced its what i meed i'd probably buy those....

if you were fine with the stock/single body shocks you'll be fine with the coilovers. depending on which C/O you get, the body will be bigger and will hold more oil anyways. (My 2.5" coilovers are monsters compared to 5100s)

Resi's don't affect performance at all, they're just extra oil to help keep the shock cool. Their main use is for the high-speed stuff, where the piston heats the shock up to the point where it loses dampening ability.
lots of professional rock crawlers don't even have resis on their trucks

but i have resi on mine 100% for peace of mind. my 5100's would heat up to the point where I could flash boil water off the bodies.

and everyone else gets them because they look cool. lol

Rajah dat. Yea, just the Maks road can heat up the shocks a bit. Mine were really warm so normal trail 4x4ing is what i do. Not to much into rambling.

I seen your rig about a week ago just passing mauka mickeys... Of course i was in my other rig so a shaka wouldve gone unnoticed.

Shoots...mahalos!

Rajah dat. Yea, just the Maks road can heat up the shocks a bit. Mine were really warm so normal trail 4x4ing is what i do. Not to much into rambling.

I seen your rig about a week ago just passing mauka mickeys... Of course i was in my other rig so a shaka wouldve gone unnoticed.

Shoots...mahalos!

:thumbsup:

Im gonna try get a meet together this summer, after I finish school. I'll keep you posted

:thumbsup:

Im gonna try get a meet together this summer, after I finish school. I'll keep you posted

Sounds good. Yea Summer works for me, preferrable a weekend if possible. I'm a family man so gotta schedule. A meet & greet would be cool, maybe down old a's, bbq, get aquainted truck talk.... Im down

Lmk shoots!

Back