08 Tacoma Long travel Dually

Would dually make a decent pre runner/trail runner

• yes and will add traction with extra tires!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bobby18

Alright guys i have been looking here for a while and have some questions and ideas I'd love some feedback on and spitball some thoughts!
So I'm currently doing a long travel conversion on my 08 2wd tacoma. On the front i went with a dezert toy fab kit and am now looking to get into the rear.
I plan to do a full custom flatbed type bed with mounts and bolted onto the frame to allow for travel and give a unique look. I have a open diff but want to get at least a posi or moving to air lockers so ill already be tearing into that eventually.
Something that caught my eye is the dually look. I can't seem to find many specifics as to whether i could go to a junkyard and what kind of axle i could pull with maybe an adapter if i would need one or what. So where would i start with this build? Could i keep the stock driveshaft and build back from there or what? Also what are yalls thoughts on this?
Thanks for any help!

Sounds awesome!

How are dually set ups off road?

In the snow they suck

Post some pics as you go

I have never seen it done but I don't see any advantage. You are adding unsprung weight and possibly limiting wheel travel due to an extra wheel being in the way.

Back