1" rear lift for 2015 Tacoma 4X4 double cab ???

TacoKen

I have been searching the web for a good 1" rear lift kit to help offset the 2 1/2" front leveling kit I installed. Front is about 1/2" higher than the rear. I'd really like a 1/2" rear lift but don't see any available. Anyway, most I see are for 2005 to 2014. They say 2015 but when you check the specs show only up to 2014. Any ideas why?
I thought 2015 was the same setup? Also, don't want crap, so would like a safe setup. Suggestions?

From what I've read, just add 1" blocks on the rear. Make sure they are well made and not cheapo's.

I have the level kit from them but haven't installed it yet. Let me know how it works out and pictures of truck after they are installed.

Why don't you just get an AAL (add a leaf)? The only mechanical difference is the leaf springs are separated to add a leaf versus a block being placed below the spring pack. A bit more labor for greater peace of mind...

Last edited:
The rear The truck is superlight and if you throw in at a leave in the back you have to get New shocks and also ride really stiff look up maxtrac they sell Tacoma specific blocks

Because I didn't like the nose up higher than the tail. Cali style is not for me. Also, with the front too high it's hard to see what's in front of you. Also shifts the weight a little back to the front. Also gives a level look which I like VS rear or front higher.

I got ya. I like ass up in several situations including my Taco. I carry demo nails and staples along with tools I sell so 500 lbs on an average day!

I personally would pay the extra and not put a block I would just add a leaf.. Once again. My .02€

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

I didn't want to change the ride quality by adding a leaf. If you look at the thickness of a rear leaf you would need at least two on each side.
Also, if I ever sell the truck and someone wants it stock, it's reall easy to remove the rear block and front leveling kit. Then it's all back to
factory.

I was raised old school and seems your looking for a quick fix instead of a per intent one. I added a leaf in the rear and I actually got a better ride not a stiffer one. That's a myth believe me blocks are cheap fix Besides only takes a n hour to do the spring swap. Best hour I've ever spent.

I was raised old school and seems your looking for a quick fix instead of a per intent one. I added a leaf in the rear and I actually got a better ride not a stiffer one. That's a myth believe me blocks are cheap fix Besides only takes a n hour to do the spring swap. Best hour I've ever spent.

Well, that's great. Glad you like it. I like my setup also. To each his own.

Back