'11 taco Leaky front CV axle on driver side...

i suppose i shall have better access to peek at this with the rotors off on stands to better inspect these front CV axles on the Gen2 and see what the hale is going on if anything :oops:

i suppose i shall have better access to peek at this with the rotors off on stands to better inspect these front CV axles on the Gen2 and see what the hale is going on if anything :oops:
Well, if we learned anything from recent history. Those boots should have been ordered about 5 months ago. Certainly, don't want to use anything other than genuine Toyota CV axles. We all know those are the best of the best of the best.

I did peek around and felt around and couldn't find any grease weeping from either side boots

Actually these gen2 OEM axles look awful with the crusty peeling coating near where they connect in the diff
Is that called the tulip?
No pics were taken unfortunately

A tulip is a flower.

I'd call it the inboard end of the CV axle shaft or the differential end of the CV axle shaft.

Thank you for the pictorial break.

A pic would help to show how the coating on the metal part is just rotting off in sheets

I know what rust looks like. I'm sure most of the other members also know what rust looks like.

In other words, save your film, batteries and cache.

Back