17 or 18 inch wheels

Thanks man..I'm a fan

Allow me to hijack the tread to another subject....what grill w/ lights is that?
Mine is the ugly cheap 'chrome' plastic one.
Are the lights part of it, or did you mount those separately behind it, and only the 4 amber ones are in the grill.
TIA.
:cool:

Allow me to hijack the tread to another subject....what grill w/ lights is that?
Mine is the ugly cheap 'chrome' plastic one.
Are the lights part of it, or did you mount those separately behind it, and only the 4 amber ones are in the grill.
TIA.
:cool:

The lights were a kit on Amazon. Only works with the pro grille.

Reactions: JRE
The lights were a kit on Amazon. Only works with the pro grille.
The raptor grill has the 3 lights in it. Looks really nice. I think I might be the only one out here wanting to get18 or 20's on my truck. I'm replacing my 17's and yes going with grapplers as well. They look small to me on my truck. I'd like to get to a tire store and try a couple sample tires and rims because I was told I couldnt get an offset of any kind or it would rub and couldnt go any wider on the tires with what I have now. I wanted a deeper offset so the tire would stick out more but the tire company's I went to said, nnnnoooooo. Really bumbed me out. Both places said I needed a higher lift kit if I wanted to make it work..... I would never use spacers so that's not even a thought for me. What to do, what to do...

Reactions: JRE
The raptor grill has the 3 lights in it. Looks really nice. I think I might be the only one out here wanting to get18 or 20's on my truck. I'm replacing my 17's and yes going with grapplers as well. They look small to me on my truck. I'd like to get to a tire store and try a couple sample tires and rims because I was told I couldnt get an offset of any kind or it would rub and couldnt go any wider on the tires with what I have now. I wanted a deeper offset so the tire would stick out more but the tire company's I went to said, nnnnoooooo. Really bumbed me out. Both places said I needed a higher lift kit if I wanted to make it work..... I would never use spacers so that's not even a thought for me. What to do, what to do...

Well....u can go to -12 with minor rubbing on mudflaps it the front air Dam if you got them. Most tire shops really don't know alot lol. I like the look of the 18s....i think 20s look too gawdy on a taco

Well....u can go to -12 with minor rubbing on mudflaps it the front air Dam if you got them. Most tire shops really don't know alot lol. I like the look of the 18s....i think 20s look too gawdy on a taco
Thanks for your inquiry, I think I'm going with 18's. That's why I'd like to try some on and see what's what... dont want to order a set and either not fit right or dont like them....

I had 18 x 8.5 moda wheels on my 03 tundra and i tried them on the taco .4.5 backspace 0 offset and no rub .had 285 -60 18 kuhmo exsta on them .i should have kept them and got something else for the tundra but i sold them on it 20171014_181541.jpg

It would be cool if there was a tire shop that let you try on a pair of wheels to see what they were like .not just the vertual pictures like one of the tire websites .it really doesnt give u a great view

Last edited:
I had 18 x 8.5 moda wheels on my 03 tundra and i tried them on the taco .4.5 backspace 0 offset and no rub .had 285 -60 18 kuhmo exsta on them .i should have kept them and got something else for the tundra but i sold them on it View attachment 26192
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. My problem is I want to stuff a wide tire under a midsize truck. That's why I'm really enjoying the responses out here for the offsets and tire sizes on other tacomas. I might fit the rims and tires under the truck that I want, see were theres rubbing and do some mod work. Maybe I can do a little metal work inside the wheel well or what not to customize the issues. I wish there was a 8 inch lift kit out there for are trucks that aren't the price of a used car. That would fix my problem. Thanks everybody for shouting out and keep giving me ideas. Very helpful.

Back