1999 Tacoma Old Man Emu 2.5 lift

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by bobthebuilderyc, May 21, 2019.

1. bobthebuilderyc

bobthebuilderyc New Member

Installed new lift not happy with rare higher than front. Not sure thats normal but want to level it out. Don't want to pull rear leaves. Is there a front coil spacer that will work with OME suspension?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Is the front stock?

4. OP
    bobthebuilderyc

bobthebuilderyc New Member

No old man emu 2881coils front RA/RB 46 rear springs. 2" difference in height front to rear.

Crawdad likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I have OME leaves as well, 2" front lift, and I sit about 1.5 higher in the rear. I don't mind it though since I'm always hauling stuff. They'll settle about a half inch after you abuse them off road for a couple of weeks. I suppose you could get a 1" leveling spacer for the front but I really don't recommend it on top of a 2.5 front lift. Definitely would need upper control arms if you don't already have them.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    B-Man likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

The Tacoma’s have a 1” rear rake to them from factory it’s normal. I like a rear rake. It evens out when loaded down with gear.