2" to 3" lift

JohnDavid

Tacoma Buff.jpg I know this has been discussed a thousand times but I need some current feedback. I have a 2015, TRD off road, shortbed. I recently put a fiberglass cap on the back and have some sag. I would like to lift the whole truck 2" to 3" and level it out. In the past I've read Bilstien 5100's for the front but what about the rear? I want to do it right but the budget is around $700. Do not want to do it myself. I spoke with the Toyota dealership and they had no clue. Help. Like the look of this photo.

View attachment 9580 I know this has been discussed a thousand times but I need some current feedback. I have a 2015, TRD off road, shortbed. I recently put a fiberglass cap on the back and have some sag. I would like to lift the whole truck 2" to 3" and level it out. In the past I've read Bilstien 5100's for the front but what about the rear? I want to do it right but the budget is around $700. Do not want to do it myself. I spoke with the Toyota dealership and they had no clue. Help. Like the look of this photo.
Bilstien 5100's only lift the front. If you want to lift the rear, either add blocks or get better rear springs.

You don't have to get new rear shocks. I did a 2" aal with stock shocks
Stockers are more than likely topping out.
5100s are good for 1.5- 2" rear lifts depending on who u talk to. I dont mean "this guy or that guy on a forum", i mean calling toytec, downsouth motorsports, wheelers offroad, sdhq, etc.

Even then, they limit the rear end. More droop can be had with the extended 5100s but the bumpstops need to be spaced.

Using blocks with weight on the back of the truck past 1" has been said to make the flattening of our already pisspoor leafpacks come on faster.

Its also stated blocks over 1" can increase axlewrap. This may or may not be a factor since the weight of the cap MIGHT help with weight and lessen the driveline angle.

Ymmv

Last edited:
Stockers are more than likely topping out.
5100s are good for 1.5- 2" rear lifts depending on who u talk to. I dont mean "this guy or that guy on a forum", i mean calling toytec, downsouth motorsports, wheelers offroad, sdhq, etc.

Even then, they limit the rear end. More droop can be had with the extended 5100s but the bumpstops need to be spaced.

Using blocks with weight on the back of the truck past 1" has been said to make the flattening of our already pisspoor leafpacks come on faster.

Its also stated blocks over 1" can increase axlewrap. This may or may not be a factor since the weight of the cap MIGHT help with weight and lessen the driveline angle.

Ymmv
Spot on ^^^

View attachment 9580 I know this has been discussed a thousand times but I need some current feedback. I have a 2015, TRD off road, shortbed. I recently put a fiberglass cap on the back and have some sag. I would like to lift the whole truck 2" to 3" and level it out. In the past I've read Bilstien 5100's for the front but what about the rear? I want to do it right but the budget is around $700. Do not want to do it myself. I spoke with the Toyota dealership and they had no clue. Help. Like the look of this photo.
That truck is owned by TW user MrGrimm's mall crawler, I looked at his whole build. I think it's a 4inch lift/long travel. You could try going to TW and asking him tho

I believe the kit is from all pro, and it cost around 5000$ uninstalled

I bought the 3" lift kit (add a leaf) for my 2007 TRD Sport. Had to buy a 1.5" block due to the recall from Toyota. Easier to remove the block than the leaf. Attached is a pic of my truck with the block in the rear. The kit cost $499+tax so about $545-ish. My friend and I installed it. The leafs will be installed next week since the recall will be fixed this weekend. I have 18x9 -12 offsett and 33s. Had to cut a little off of the fender. You can barely notice it, though. I took the pic next tona stock TRD as a before and after

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 28
I bought the 3" lift kit (add a leaf) for my 2007 TRD Sport. Had to buy a 1.5" block due to the recall from Toyota. Easier to remove the block than the leaf. Attached is a pic of my truck with the block in the rear. The kit cost $499+tax so about $545-ish. My friend and I installed it. The leafs will be installed next week since the recall will be fixed this weekend. I have 18x9 -12 offsett and 33s. Had to cut a little off of the fender. You can barely notice it, though. I took the pic next tona stock TRD as a before and after
Looks good, spacer?

Thanks! No spacers. I like how it doesn't stick out too much. It is just right for my taste. Btw, I have the Pro Comp 3" AAL kit. Failed to mention it before

Back