2007, 4X4, manual, 4.0 L, clutch.

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by crowgsxr, Nov 28, 2017.

1. crowgsxr

crowgsxr Member

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I need some advice. I have a 2007, 4.0 liter, V6, 4X4 Taco. It only has about 56,000 miles. The clutch pedal started not returning after depressing it, and now the gears are not going in as smooth. I have not felt any slipping when it is in gear. Is it too soon with the low miles to be needing a new clutch? I wish I was as mechanically savvy as most of y'all. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Crow

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    toyocruiser likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TKFx

TKFx New Member

That’s very low mileage for a clutch to fail, unless it was abused.
    Have you checked your hydraulic clutch fluid level? It sounds more like a peddle issue than a clutch problem. Check for fluid leaks.

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

The manuals have throwout bearing issues. You will more than likely have to change it.

5. OP
    crowgsxr

crowgsxr Member

Thank you all for the advice. It was the hydraulic clutch fluid. I had to replace that. She's running good as new again. Thanks!!!

Bogunn and whippersnapper02 like this.