2009 2.7 better clutch

Mag liter

I have been having very weird symptoms with my clutch, it does not feel right at all sometimes i will go to release it and it slips quite a bit then catches other times its moderately fine; it chatters quite a bit while slipping it. Clutch pedal has free play, im at 106k and i have not been happy with the clutch since i got it at 84k. I am looking to get a lce clutch or whatever else would work better than stock

I have been having very weird symptoms with my clutch, it does not feel right at all sometimes i will go to release it and it slips quite a bit then catches other times its moderately fine; it chatters quite a bit while slipping it. Clutch pedal has free play, im at 106k and i have not been happy with the clutch since i got it at 84k. I am looking to get a lce clutch or whatever else would work better than stock

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it’s time to replace the clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing.

I ended up ordering an exedy/ daikin clutch kit, it also fits a 1993-4 t100 v6. By my thinking it will be a stronger clutch as the t100 had roughly 30 more horse power and could tow more. I will update the thread after i install it

I ended up ordering an exedy/ daikin clutch kit, it also fits a 1993-4 t100 v6. By my thinking it will be a stronger clutch as the t100 had roughly 30 more horse power and could tow more. I will update the thread after i install it
Thanks.

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Install is on hold untill i figure out what toyota wants to do with my frame; if they replace it i will have the clutch put in then. But untill i figure out what they will do for me the install will have to wait

Install is on hold untill i figure out what toyota wants to do with my frame; if they replace it i will have the clutch put in then. But untill i figure out what they will do for me the install will have to wait
No need to replace it if they won’t do that.

Update, the frame is approved for the recall but toyota still wanted 1 k labor to put the clutch in even while it was that far apart -_- so i am doing it myself. Today i got the trans out and flywheel and pressure plate out; i may have had the only factory luk clutch that made it 108k miles. This alone explains the weird feeling and slippage

Update, the frame is approved for the recall but toyota still wanted 1 k labor to put the clutch in even while it was that far apart -_- so i am doing it myself. Today i got the trans out and flywheel and pressure plate out; i may have had the only factory luk clutch that made it 108k miles. This alone explains the weird feeling and slippage
At least you’re going to get a new frame and you’ll have a new clutch now too. Ready to roll for another 100k

Very displeased with my new clutch the release bearing was bad out of the box and i didn't know it until i had it all put back together, now i have to take it all back apart. Im going with an skf bearing this time

Very displeased with my new clutch the release bearing was bad out of the box and i didn't know it until i had it all put back together, now i have to take it all back apart. Im going with an skf bearing this time
That sucks.

Hate that you had trouble. You’ll be a pro when you’re done.

EDIT: if you need a racing clutch go for an lce engineering or a urd kit. And for everyone else use the aisin ckt065 kit it has oem bearings ( koyo pilot)( nachi release) which are both made in japan. My kit was 133$ on rock auto and you absolutley cannot go wrong with the oem aisin clutch

Last edited:
Swapping the exedy clutch out for an aisin clutch kit in the next few weeks. For the price napa wanted for new bearings it was only 30$ more for the aisin kit. Very pleased with the quality of this clutch just looking in the box ( everything made in japan) includes the same release bearing as oem (nachi) will update this thread after its installed. Also installing new aisin clutch hydraulics at the same time to fix an intermittent hard shifting issue

Last edited:
Back