2010 tacoma 4.0 l v6 new exhaust

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Beetlejuice1502, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 PM.

1. I have a 2010 Tacoma with the v6 and want to put in bigger headers and cat back. Would I get more hp if I did? Would I only get a better sounding truck? Also, should I get a 3 inch or a 2.5?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

To get an honest answer you'll have to talk to someone that either has a dyno or experienced in taco's on a dyno. Unless youre adding psi I wouldn't go 3", id stay with 2 1/2". I've got a k&n panel filter and Borla cat back 2 1/2" on my 19 3.5 and it deffinately runs better, breaths better, however I can't say yes or no as to whether it actually has more hp.

B-Man likes this.