2014 Tacoma Outside Temperature Gauge?

ultravista

Can someone tell me where the outside temperature gauge is? It is listed as part of the Offroad package but I can't find it ... there is no overhead console nor does it display on the instrument cluster.

I have a standard mirror with no wires or buttons, just the lever to reduce glare.

The package states "auto-dimming rearview mirror, outside temperature gauge ..."

Last edited:
If the package states it has one, and you don't have buttons on it; you need to contact the dealer. The temp gauge is in the mirror and can be turned on or off using the buttons.

No big loss either way. Just the compass/temp reading doesn't make the package. Also packages are subject to without notice. It says it in the brochure.

2014 outside temperature gauge

Its not there!! Toyota had problems with the temperature unit.
They deleted it from all 2014 tacoma's. Call Toyota Corp 1-800-331-4331 and file a formal complaint. At this time they are sending out $250.00 certificates to be used at your toyota dealership. Please be tactful! If enough new tacoma owners follow up perhaps at some point they will make it good. This option is in all pamphlets so it should be included in your pick up.
This procedure will take a few days but they will follow through!

They deleted it from all 2014 tacoma's. Call Toyota Corp 1-800-331-4331 and file a formal complaint. At this time they are sending out $250.00 certificates to be used at your toyota dealership. Please be tactful! If enough new tacoma owners follow up perhaps at some point they will make it good. This option is in all pamphlets so it should be included in your pick up.

I was offered a $200 refundable after proof of purchase of OEM Toyota parts or service. Customer Service Rep said this is not a blanket good-will offer for all 2014 Tacoma buyers. (also noted that the original 2014 brochures) have been removed from the dealerships and a new "corrected brochure" is now on the showroom floors.

That is really good information! I was just looking at my 2014 window sticker last night wondering if it was an over site. And I don't know why... But I always like to know exactly what temp it is outside. I was bummed when I found that I didn't have one.

That's ridiculous! They can't get the temperature gauge to function correctly so they delete it?!!?? Just about every other car brand has one, but Toyota eliminates it???!! This is my first Toyota, and wondering if it might be my last. The #1 Car manufacturer can't get a temperature gauge to function properly so they eliminate it?!!? That's laughably absurd!!!

Do the 14's have auto dimming for headlights behind you like the 13's in the mirror? I'd miss that feature as much if not more than the temp/direction indicators.
And personally I prefer the back up display in my mirror. Seems like a very appropriate place.

Do the 14's have auto dimming for headlights behind you like the 13's in the mirror? I'd miss that feature as much if not more than the temp/direction indicators.
And personally I prefer the back up display in my mirror. Seems like a very appropriate place.
Just Plain-Jane mirror, no frills.
I believe that only the "Limited" comes with a multi-functional mirror.

Bummer. Then I'm glad I grabbed the 13. That auto dimming mirror is trick. It makes night time driving much nicer for these old eyes.
Guess some feature had to go for the superior radio head in the 14's, to help keep the price down.

Bummer. Then I'm glad I grabbed the 13. That auto dimming mirror is trick. It makes night time driving much nicer for these old eyes.
Guess some feature had to go for the superior radio head in the 14's, to help keep the price down.

I don't see the value in the "Entune" package at all. Give me an AM, FM, CD player along with a Compass/Temp/Auto Dim mirror ......I don't have a Smart Phone so the new "superior radio head" is useless to me. $650 must take option on my Sport is disappointing.

Federal law kicks in 2014 requiring a "black box" in all vehicles. I think that is the biggy. Satellite contact at all times. My 13 does not have any satellite. The phone feature is cool. Love the hands free.

Federal law kicks in 2014 requiring a "black box" in all vehicles. I think that is the biggy. Satellite contact at all times. My 13 does not have any satellite. The phone feature is cool. Love the hands free.

Thanks......."Big Brother is watching us" ehh! That's the first time I heard of the "Black Box" theory....sounds reasonable to me. Thanks for the explanation.

I was very nice - their cust service was very nice & said they would install on as a courtesy, the dealer called a few days later & said it was on the build sheet but not the window sticker but felt confident Toyota would cover. Got a call from Toyota in LA today & they advised that they were going to do nothing! It's not a huge deal but enough to Pi$$ me off. So I'll go the arbitration route & if enough people are interested & feel they may have gotten screwed, a class action suit may be interesting.

Goo thing from my point it doesn't stop me from driving it & I have nothing but time on my hands to pursue it!

I kinda got used to it. the technology has been around forever & have it still functioning perfectly in my 2002 Suburban. Maybe I should have waited around another several months 'til the 2015 Colarado's hit the market!

Last edited:
Back