2016 TRD OR brake pedal squeak

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by tacoinmyfuture, Feb 25, 2018.

1. tacoinmyfuture

tacoinmyfuture Active Member

I test drove a 2016 OR and kept hearing a weird little squeak when I would first apply pressure to the brake. I read on a forum that this is common and normal but I didn’t hear a squeak on the 2017 model. Have you heard anything about the squeak issue? There was a short video posted on another forum of the sound but I cannot find it anymore. I’m not sure I would get used to the sound
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. plaster

plaster Active Member

Wait till it has 85 k like mine . I love the truck but I have had squeaks under the dash and varus other places since day one. Good luck trying to get dealership to fix it. They won’t fix mine .

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

My 2017 DCLB OR brake pedal squeaks and has from day one it’s annoying as hell and they won’t fix it because there’s nothing to fix ie it’s normal.

5. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

My breaks squek, they said its brake dust bla bla, they cleaned it and few weeks later the dj was dropping the beat again quite pethetic i would say on brand new brakes. Ill probably gice them **** and try to have them replaced.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s the breaks. It’s the brake pedal that we are taking about.

tacoinmyfuture likes this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I haven’t had any issues with mine squeaking so far. (I hope it doesn’t start).

8. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Wd40

Tacomania and Bogunn like this.
  9. Tacomania

Breaks, break pedal, its like tomato and toma to

Bogunn likes this.
  10. OP
    tacoinmyfuture

Yeah, it’s some kind of electronic sound of some sort. Very strange and very annoying! I will test drive another one soon.

11. islandfellow

islandfellow Member

I get that same sound occasionally, like a spring coil noise/squeak. I have a 2017 SR5 DC

12. OP
    tacoinmyfuture

I drove a 2017 today and heard the same sound. Just not as noticeable. I was told it was probably from the master cylinder.

13. Tacomania

tell them to master cylinder out of here

14. Samuel McLarty

Samuel McLarty New Member

Just bought a 2018 and have the same problem. Wish I'd seen this page. I might not have bought the truck. That noise drives me crazy.

15. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

I wonder if what you hear as a squeak is the wheeze noise the brake booster makes when you press on the pedal? Try pressing the pedal half a dozen times with the engine off. Once the vacuum is exhausted in the booster the squeak should go away if that is the problem.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    OR17TRD likes this.