2018 AC Smells/Issue

As Scott said, on just about any car. The outside air is drawn in from the vents just below your windshield wipers. So when you have the Recirculate air option "off" there is a flap that then moves to those vents. So really it is just air being forced through the system as you travel at highway speeds. Whats funny is I have always known this but never thought of it like Scott said it. I thought it was just physics while Scott makes it seem like a convenience option intentionally placed there by the factory. :D Food for thought

Hello all, 2017 off road double cab short bed. In the process of installing a rough county 3” leveling kit. I have a honey badger front bumper so the front bumper and wheel well are both cut. Question is can I put a 285/75/16 tire on the factory wheel, with no or minor rub at max turn? And what is a stock rims offset?

yall are a bunch of youngsters, I'll be 71 next month, retired 11 years ago after driving 18 wheelers for 36 years. I've had a part time job ever since I've retired working 20/30 hours a week. Whenever I want to go on vacation I just say I'm taking a week off. I get up between 5 and 5:30 every morning, go to bed around midnight.

Back to original topic, Advance Auto sells an airisol can that you can spray into youre air vent intake at the windshield thats supposed to kill any mold, mildew, or odors. I can't tell you if it works or not, this is just what the cans says. Also some cabin air filters have charcoal or other odor killing ingredients.

When you drive onto your garage and shut the AC off. The inside coils are wer to damp. This quickly will cause mold to grow on the coils and you'll get the cat piss smell.
Easy solution about five minutes from home turn the ac off and open outside air and it will dry off preventing mold growth. I've seen it so bad the inside coil had to be cleaned with mold killer. Five minutes of fresh air before parking will keep the AC fresh.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I only got a 1.5 yrs to retire at 59.5 .I'm just counting 'em !
Don't push it, I'm 58 and haven't worked for 20 years, the greatest killer of senior citizens is retirement. I put 39,000 miles on my truck in a year and a few months because I'm so damn bored all I do is drive every day. It is such a bad mental stress when you're so bored and nothing interest you. From what I know now I would work as long as my body would allow. Retirement is not as advertised.

When you drive onto your garage and shut the AC off. The inside coils are wer to damp. This quickly will cause mold to grow on the coils and you'll get the cat piss smell.
Easy solution about five minutes from home turn the ac off and open outside air and it will dry off preventing mold growth. I've seen it so bad the inside coil had to be cleaned with mold killer. Five minutes of fresh air before parking will keep the AC fresh.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Good advice, also check your air vents on the outside you will see water droplets on very humid days and doing as JDC says will help illuminate that as well.

Back