1. Carlos Aragon III

Carlos Aragon III New Member

Hello everyone I recently got a 2018 SR5 and got an K&N Air Intake installed. I have noticed every once in a while my low oil pressure light comes on only for a second or two then it turns off was wondering if anyone else had this same issue. The truck is running completely fine I haven't had any issues with it at all. Thanks for the help.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! No info on the oil light.....my '17 OR is workin' well!

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Did you check your oil level?

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

This was my first question as well.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Good start.

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OP
    Carlos Aragon III

I have checked my oil and it is good. Like I said light only comes on for a second or two then goes away

8. OR17TRD

Does it come one when you first start the truck or just randomly as you’re driving?

kp.taco likes this.
  9. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

If the oil light is coming on while driving and the oil level is good it needs to be takin to dealer ASAP . Could be an issue with the oil pump

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  10. OP
    Carlos Aragon III

It doesn't come on while Im driving usually only see it when I am changing from Drive to Reverse or if the truck is idling

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Did you run an OBD2 to see if it’s throwing any codes? It’s an off chance if it’s not staying on but worth a shot.
    I’d take it to the dealership personally since it’s under warranty.

Scott Wyman and OR17TRD like this.
  12. OR17TRD

Dealer trip

Scott Wyman and Bogunn like this.
  13. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Ditto

OR17TRD likes this.