2019 Tacoma V6 spark plug boot connecter

Tape

I was going to replace my spark plugs, but I can't get the connector removed from the boot, I didn't want to force/break it and I was wondering if anybody can tell me how do I remove the connector.

Spark plug replacement looks like a nightmare

I think that set up is a coil on plug design. No boot to replace. You replace the entire coil on the plug.

FWIW. Replacing plugs on my Gem2 V-6 takes me about 45-60 minutes.

Yeah, all coils, they have a connector you press a tab to release. A long extension is needed for your ratchet to reach the plugs deep inside the rocker cover once the coil is pulled off. Driver side is more of a pita needing to remove more hardware out of the way. Its about a 1 hr job once you've done it.

Yeah, all coils, they have a connector you press a tab to release. A long extension is needed for your ratchet to reach the plugs deep inside the rocker cover once the coil is pulled off. Driver side is more of a pita needing to remove more hardware out of the way. Its about a 1 hr job once you've done it.
I tried pushing the tab in, and it still won't come off, man, I was thinking six spark plugs no problem.:(

Hey Texas, thank you for the welcome, I've been doing well.
OMG ! My most humble apologies Mr Tape. I really thought you might be one of those AI's ghosting me so sorry. It's like your "Mr McBeavie" from the 50's show Andy Griffith.:rolleyes:

Back