2024 Toyota Tacoma to be revealed May 19th, 2023 !

These 4 banger turbo's sure are thirsty if towing. We had an old 350 chevy Tahoe that averaged 15 mpg towing the same size load as these guys did. Even my gen3 with the v6 is better. Idk what toyota was thinking with these gen4s installing a small fuel tank, especially if towing.

It's only a few gallons less. These gen4 turbo's suck gas a lot more than a normally aspirated v6 if towing.
They get a little more than 1 mpg better than the v6 without hauling a trailer....thats no biggie.

These 4 banger turbo's sure are thirsty if towing. We had an old 350 chevy Tahoe that averaged 15 mpg towing the same size load as these guys did. Even my gen3 with the v6 is better. Idk what toyota was thinking with these gen4s installing a small fuel tank, especially if towing.
Yep, 2-gallons less to be exact.

Gen4 is better than the gen3 imo, but I wouldn't call it a game changer.
All I can say is a buddy of mine that owns his independent auto repair business says he makes a living on those ford eco boost vehicles. We can only hope these turbo toyota's are as reliable as on the honda's.

Last edited:
does your buddy of yours do hack slop jobs, or is this buddy very meticulous in all things
i am so sick and disgusted of sloppy hack shiittt done all the time anymore
should i bring my rig into your buddy for taco maintenance?

Let's put it this way, I wouldn't take a toyota to him, or call him a hack. He's in his later 70's, but very good with older domestic made vehicles like chevy, and ford. It's hard these days to find a guy that knows how to rebuild carburetors as well as he can.
We have a couple very good toyota dealers here if needing any service. Just bring a valid credit card.

Gen4 is better than the gen3 imo, but I wouldn't call it a game changer.
All I can say is a buddy of mine that owns his independent auto repair business says he makes a living on those ford eco boost vehicles. We can only hope these turbo toyota's are as reliable as on the honda's.
Our parts manager came from a Ford dealer and he said the same thing. Eco-boost powered units keep the lights on at Ford dealers.

Back