2nd Gen. Frame rust

Gee

Hi guys. New to the forum and just wanted to drop my two cents on the rotting frame subject. Let me first start by saying I'm Canadian. Live in Toronto, and yes, see a lot of salt and snow during winter. I drive an '05 Trd off road which I purchased used about 3 years ago with 44K on it. I've had this sprayed by Krown every year since I bought it. It now has 165K on it and running great. I brought it in for a Diff oil change today. They said it was never inspected for the frame recall..... Long story short. I've got a hole in my frame. While I was there they had an '06 and an'07 already in pieces in the shop with the same problem. I did my research on these trucks and was told this problem only occurred in the first Gen. ... All bullshit. I love this truck. It is the most capable mid-size available. Hands down. But if it rots in less then 10 years... All that love goes to ****. ...... Not only is the steel ****. And the so called factory rust proofing garbage. I've also heard that there are far too many spot welds on the frame which weakens the steel...what ever the case..every Gen Taco are rust buckets! ..........Domestic....maybe?
1 last thing.... It's not so much the salt people. Acid rain rots your vehicle just the same. Ask any rust proofer. The best time to spray your ride is the beginning of spring

Back