2wd sr off-road?

Discussion in 'Off-Road' started by Larry77, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:25 PM.

1. Larry77

Larry77 Member

Hey guys like what exactly off-road can a 2018 sr 2wd ride? No lift can purchase for off-road tires. Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Anything you want

4. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

Well Larry, my dad is Larry and my brother is Larry. I pulled out two full size rear wheel drives two has I got onto a beach in North Florida with my 16 TRD Off Road 4x4. F150 crew and Nissan Titan crew. Not much on soft sand beaches even if airing down. Where do you live? Generally?

5. OP
    Larry77

Larry77 Member

Ok sir I live near the Niagara Region, but on the Canada side. My story is that the second day I bought the 2wd Tacoma I went to a local beach and got stuck in sand.

6. OP
    Larry77

Larry77 Member

Eh...I know it should not do any off-road...

7. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

A 2wd with a locked rear will do a lot more than you think. But taking a 2wd period onto a sandy beach is just asking for trouble. I had a 94 22RE 5spd with a "lincoln locker" and 31x10.50's with jacked up torsion bars and shackles in the back that I wasn't afraid to take anywhere, but I knew better than to stop or even go slow on a sandy beach. Lol

Bogunn and lcarrasco212 like this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Go with a 4x4 friend and some recovery equipment.... learn the trucks capabilities by getting stuck.

Lil G, Bogunn and Crawdad like this.
  9. fishnwiz

fishnwiz Member

I had a 2 Wheel drive 89 Tacoma. A 2 wheel drive 2002 Tundra. Mud and snow (with weight in bed) were never a problem. Sand and deep loose gravel were.

Bogunn likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Sand will be your worst enemy.
    Weight in the bed will help tremendously. If it was me, I’d avoid situations where the mud, sand, snow are too deep (if possible). Otherwise use it as a truck to go where you need. If it gets stuck it’ll just have to be pulled out.

12. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

I have a 2wd TRD sport. I’ve taken her on trails out in Pioche NV. Nothing crazy but she did great. It’s amazing what these trucks can do. I do avoid sand and mud but overall trails, my truck seems to handle just fine, there were a few sketchy situations where my heart sank and my anus clinched. However Pearl didn’t even flinch. I had a massive smile ear to ear the entire rest of that day.

B-Man, Crawdad and Bogunn like this.